IGNORED

Is Rock Dead?

Guest Etch

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rock as a creative movement peaked in the late 90's tailing off around the middle oof 2k

Def agree. There was a mountain of amazing guitar music then. Slayer, Pantera, Soundgarden, Ministry, Butthole Surfers, Deftones, SOAD, Sonic Youth, Shellac, Fugazi, Therapy, Warrior Soul, NIN, Alice in Chains, OK Computer by Radiohead (just in case you didn't know!). Some of these bands ruled in the late 80's but made killer stuff in the 90's too, and a new generation also were rising. There's loads more too but that's straight off the top of my head after a 14 hour shift lol.

Anyone who thinks rock is dead is a muppet. It's been said a thousand times before and been proved wrong. And will be proved wrong again and again and again.

i disagree, most of that stuff you mentioned is far beyond the creative peak of rock n roll :facepalm: IMO

[youtubehd]P6xNhksHyXI[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]WunYz7Io-68[/youtubehd]

Guest Ricky Downtown

Rock isn't going anywhere. Since when have the charts mattered? Most people steal their shit anyway.

Funny conversation from people with a vested interest in minority-group alternative music :biggrin:

actually, a number of people on this forum have grown out of/separated themselves from IDM music since joining WATMM, myself being one of them.

the_more_you_know.jpg

same here, on to soul, funk, and hip hop

Archived