IGNORED

On the Subject of Eno...

Guest The Dirt

Guest The Dirt

Shouldn't there be a sub-forum in the featured artists area for Brian Eno? The man has released over 50 of his own albums, has produced 43 (I think that's the precise number) of other artist's albums, pioneered the art rock and ambient genres, coined the term ambient, inspired the dark ambient genre, and has been making a huge variety of music for four and a half decades. He deserves a forum. In featured artists. :rtfm:

Seeing as how this place has existed for quite a long while, do tell me if I'm being a naive dumbass.

I'd love to see it as I'm a huge fan myself and surely would have a lot to discuss, but he's not the only pioneering artist without a subforum of his own here. I'm thinking something along the lines "why not Global Communication while we're at it.." and soon we notice there's around fifty subforums for remarkable electronic artists. Not denying that Eno is definitely up there in the chain though.

Guest The Dirt

I understand what you mean, but if Boards of Canada has one, a band that's been making electronic ambient music since the late eighties, then it makes total sense for the 'father' of ambient to be up there. Just as an example, that is. Same could be said for Plaid.

Guest The Dirt
Eno will have to get in line behind Ceephax. Sorry.

Ceephax has only been around since 1997, and didn't really pioneer anything. Not that they're music isn't good, and they definitely contributed to the growth in popularity of acid. But like I said, Eno's been around since the 70's, and had an enormous role in pioneering electronic music.

having a watmm subforum is NOT like having a michelin star, but rather an instrument to compartmentalize subject-specific banter. brian eno doesn't generate nearly enough banter, ergo "no". whether or not he deserves it doesn't matter. fact is he doesn't.

no. and obvious no is no.

/troll :rhubear1:

Guest Pilgarlic

Yeah I have a way better idea on how to deal with Eno's music than subforum discussion. Let's all meet up in some designated subterranean location--nude, and someone bring a boombox--,lie on the ground in the dark and enjoy the ambience? we can stay there until we're all hairy and smelly enough to come back above ground and join an actual commune. :blush:

Yeah I have a way better idea on how to deal with Eno's music than subforum discussion. Let's all meet up in some designated subterranean location--nude, and someone bring a boombox--,lie on the ground in the dark and enjoy the ambience? we can stay there until we're all hairy and smelly enough to come back above ground and join an actual commune. :blush:

thats really creeped

Guest Pilgarlic

thats really creeped

soo...do you want to come?

Guest The Dirt

It seems like the lot of you who posted in this haven't heard half of his music. There's a hell of a lot more than tedious Music For Airports, glam rock, and piano work. How does Eno not generate banter? There's hundreds of collaborations, a huge variety of albums, the Oblique Strategies, the ambient series, all of his dark ambient work, more upbeat electronica like Nerve Net and The Drop, several groundbreaking rock albums like My Life In The Bush of Ghosts, the Kraftwork collaboration Cluster & Eno which sounds unlike any music I've ever heard, the paintings, the clock of the long now, the musical art exhibitions, Another Green World, which is something else entirely, all the artists he's produced, such as David Bowie and U2, Headcandy, the amazing Fripp & Eno releases, and god knows how long I could go on.

thats really creeped

av-9238.gif

thats really creeped

av-9238.gif

that.

is.

creeped.

Archived