IGNORED

Brian Grainger (Milieu) - Highschool Guitar

Mellow U

HighSchool_Guitar_150x150q85.jpg

That's right WATMM! The awesome Attacknine label, run by the good ship Freescha, have issued my newest EP HIGHSCHOOL GUITAR on a clear 12" slab of vinyl, surrounded by all kinds of merchy goodies!

For just $15, you get the 12", an 11x17 poster, three stickers, a pin and a guitar pick with the album art on it. For $20 more, you get to walk around with my last name emblazoned on your chest like it's a gross metal band from the 80s!

The whole package is limited to 110 copies and is sure to delight any existing fans of my work, Attacknine devotees or just people who like warped psychedelic pop music recorded in a bedroom in another dimension.

Check it all out here:

http://attacknine.com/?fuseaction=item_cat.ecom_category_browse&item_cat_id=33

P.S. All orders come with the high quality MP3s (FLAC is available upon written request) and of course there is a digital only version available too, if you just want some music and don't care about any of that pesky hardcopy stuff!

Highschool%20Guitar%20W%20Shirt(3).jpg

Thanks guys!

And yeah, this sound might be a bit different for many of you, but I can assure you I've been writing and recording music like this since I started in 1997, I just haven't released any of it until now.

holy moley these tunes are great. not enough fuzzy guitar beats on WATMM, thank you for filling that need in my life.

+ agreed with the previous comments, this is one good-looking release.

Wow! That's high praise! Thanks to all of you!

If it helps, I can also assure you that this EP is actually the single for an upcoming album, which is due out on 2LP later this year at Attacknine. So, more to come!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody, just a quick bump to letcha know that this release is now available in the UK at Norman Records, for those of looking to get it without shipping it over the pond! Here's what the good man Phil had to say about it:

This thing looks lovely. You get a clear vinyl record, some owl stickers, an owl badge, more stickers, a postcard with a download code on, a badge, a poster and a guitar pick all wrapped up a quality looking silk screened sleeve and hand numbered of 120. So for you 5 or 6 people out there still buying records you're in for a treat with this one. And if you're expecting a load of fluffy ambience then you'd better get on the bus to wrongsville cos you get 6 tracks of bouncy upbeat (ish) happy sounding instrumental electronic music. There's a dirty sounding bass ploughing through the majority of the tracks propped up with some guitar and held together by a drum machine taking it reasonably easy. It's a weird one as bits of it sound electronic, other bits sound a bit shoegazey and other bits are almost new wavey. It's totally wasn't what I was expecting but it's one of the best things I've heard from him and it's well worth checking out if you've got the cash to splash. Excellent!

Link

Inquiring minds want to know:

Here's a new interview posted on the Attacknine blog that sheds some light/gives some context for this release

Oh and also, I cracked up when I came back to this thread and noticed Winston in the background of the above photo!

Sounds as good as it looks :) I want that poster :emotawesomepm9:

Thanks a lot! Yeah the poster design is killer, I'm going to frame mine...but then, everything The Thrill Of Death designs is totally great.

Phil is the man, i wish there were more music lovers out there like him who don't play favorites to marketed hyped artists

Yeah, he, Ant and most of the Norman crew have been big supporters of my work for years. I wish I could've seen Phil's face when he put this record on and it wasn't ambient or electronic!

Archived