IGNORED

sparkling water

Fred McGriff

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i tend to stick with gerolsteiner, but it is rather expensive.

haven't had it, will definitely grab it next time i see it. I just had a bottle of voss the other day, speaking of expensive sparkling water, and it was good, but not good enough for however much it cost in the restaurant we were. though we got lots of looks from nearby tables wondering what the fuck we were drinking.

voss-silver.jpg

Guest Meta Programming

my room is littered with seltzer water bottles. I used to hate the stuff when I was younger, now it's the only thing I drink (don't like sugary sodas, my tap water is gross, and I can't justify spending money on straight up bottled water, ever). What was said about seltzer as a hangover cure is so incredibly correct, I mean all water is good for a hangover I guess, but an ice cold seltzer first thing in the morning when I'm severely dehydrated is one of the most refreshing experiences ever. On regular work days, I have my cup of coffee to wake up and then it's seltzer from then on. I consume a scary quantity of water.

warm seltzer on the other hand is an acquired taste.

YESYESYES

i love all sorts of sparkling water. i hate sugary drinks, and i get burnt out on aspartame and start to feel icky. sparking water is just perfect. mo bubbly mo betta. here in the NW we have a nice brand called Talking Rain. they have flavored ones too but plain is obviously the best. there's a lime flavored one that has no sugar or artificial sweeteners, so that's pretty cool too.

Once I ran out of sparkling water and ran to some rinkydink drugstore for my fix, and got a Canada Dry soda water thing, but it was loaded with corn syrup and I cried inside for an hour or so.

Guest AcrossCanyons

ownLabel2.png

These are the only sparkling water drinks I like, and damn are they cheap (about 34p a bottle). Pretty sure they're loaded with with crap but who cares at that price.

Still, water (flat) is the greatest drink and nothing will top it.

Guest AcrossCanyons

Still, water (flat) is the greatest drink and nothing will top it.

except sparkling water

Forgot to mention sparkling water is disgusting.

Guest disparaissant

i drink loads of klarbrunn raspberry sparkling water. just a hint of raspberry flavor and sooo fizzy. also it's like 99 cents for a 6 pack of 20 oz bottles.

its ok but id ont drink it to much cuz i care about the eartjh and i dont want the oceans and lakes to become carbon so the fish die when everyone is peeing out sparkling water and it evaporats then rains down

Guest 277: 930-933

All I drink is Spa Marie-Henriette.

It's slightly carbonated.

spa-marie-henriette-lightly-sparking-natural-mineral-watrer-500-ml.jpg

The supermarket over here sells a cheap imitation that's even better than the original but obviously doesn't have the same pretentious sounding name.

I think every german family has one (german people love bubbles, probably because of the beer).

definitely. I had to figure out "wasser ohne gas" (just plain water) real quick

yeah. it's kinda salty

what? that's weird. that's how i felt a long time ago when i first had it. maybe it has a phatom salty taste because you are expecting sweetness with the bubbles... but it shouldn't taste salty, why would it be salty?

I think the "salty" sensation is because many sparkling waters have quinine added, which gives the classic bitter/kinda salty/kinda :puke: sensation. It's definitely acquired--what's turning Fred on is the same that's turning you off I think.

oooh no no, you're talking about tonic water, which is kind of nasty , and definitely a different thing

i really hope the haters aren't confusing tonic water with sparkling water.

I think every german family has one (german people love bubbles, probably because of the beer).

definitely. I had to figure out "wasser ohne gas" (just plain water) real quick

yeah. it's kinda salty

what? that's weird. that's how i felt a long time ago when i first had it. maybe it has a phatom salty taste because you are expecting sweetness with the bubbles... but it shouldn't taste salty, why would it be salty?

I think the "salty" sensation is because many sparkling waters have quinine added, which gives the classic bitter/kinda salty/kinda :puke: sensation. It's definitely acquired--what's turning Fred on is the same that's turning you off I think.

oooh no no, you're talking about tonic water, which is kind of nasty , and definitely a different thing

i really hope the haters aren't confusing tonic water with sparkling water.

Tonic water is good for gin and tonics, really good, but I can't imagine what else you would use it with. Maybe some other liqour, but do people just drink it?

Archived