IGNORED

Challenger Explosion: 25 years ago today

chaosmachine

I was born the day before the Challenger explosion. My dad remembers visiting my mom in the maternity ward, because her and all of the other new mothers were watching news coverage of the explosion and crying hysterically.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

at least it looked cool when it blew up.

Have shame you fucktard.

poo brain

you are as dumb as a bag of spanners and also a prick.

well done.

there are worse ways to die. besides, everyone knows traveling to space is dangerous business. you shouldn't go if you're not okay with being blown up or freezing to death in space.

I remember that day very vividly, I was in science class, Jr. High, and my teacher Mr. Rinaldi wheeled a TV into the classroom with the breaking news...

me too but my teacher was mrs. kreski

Same here. I was in 1st grade... Mrs. Carroll's class.

Guest disparaissant

it's interesting how old the computers in the shuttles are. they're all based off radiation-hardened 80386 and 80486 processors. of course radiation-hardening and redundancy systems mean that even as old as they are, producing them is serious $$$.

STSCPanel.jpg

and yet we got to the moon and back using something with a lot less power than a zx spectrum 48k. where did we go fucking wrong? :facepalm:

i was actually reading a while back that they were to the point that they had to source shuttle CPU parts from ebay because no one made them anymore.

Archived