IGNORED

Elliott Smith

Capsaicin

Guest Scrambled Ears

Is it wrong to be upset when Nick Drake is brought up in an Elliot Smith thread? Seriously, as someone put it earlier there's a difference between wayworn melancholy/reflection and complete revelry in a morose/hopeless way of life

there are both excellent musicians and songwriters though

Well, I dunno, Elliott Smith serves as a great gateway drug to Nick Drake... not that it's a necessary one as both artists are excellent for obvious reasons. I think I got into Nick Drake soon after I started listening to Elliott Smith. Both great artists.

This song's intense, gives me chills every time i hear it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezerLW5jPwI

How can you not mention Pink Moon when recommending Nick Drake??

Five Leaves Left just happens to be my personal favourite. So that'd be the one I recommend to folk. Literally the only record that can calm me in any given situation.

But it's all good innit brah :music:

there's a difference between wayworn melancholy/reflection and complete revelry in a morose/hopeless way of life

No idea which is which in this statement.

Guest Scrambled Ears

there's a difference between wayworn melancholy/reflection and complete revelry in a morose/hopeless way of life

No idea which is which in this statement.

ya me neither i suppose... elliot smith's whole worldview just comes off as very childish to me. not even gonna touch lil b

• 6 months later...

I've been listening to nothing but Elliott Smith for the past 3 weeks. Its kinda bad. I gotta switch it up at some point.

His music takes on a whole mother meaning when you've lived in LA for a little while.

Archived