IGNORED

AFX mix turns out to sound completely different

Dragon

You know when you first get hold of an AFX mix, in 128kbps or whatever, and you think that's what the original actually sounds like? I've recently obtained a lossless copy of 26 Mixes for Cash, and I am startled to discover that two of the remixes sound completely different to the MP3s I listened to for years.

I always loved the warm, brazen sound of "Zeroes and Ones" and "Une Femme N'est Pas Un Homme". When I first found the MP3s, I wondered if they were meant to sound so amplified, but I liked the sound so I just kept them. However, upon hearing the tracks as they are meant to be heard for the first time, I feel rather disappointed. "Zeroes and Ones" has lost all its power, and "Une Femme N'est Pas Un Homme" doesn't sound anywhere near as warm and clippy.

Have a listen to the 1 minute samples and see what I mean. Where did these amplified versions come from? And why do they sound so much better?

une femme comparison.mp3

zeroes and ones comparison.mp3

jesus christ that's horrible

Une Femme N'est Pas Un Homme is very warm as it is naturally, and while I love noise in the right context, going from what you had to lossless would've felt like fucking heaven for me.

Archived