IGNORED

Impending Govt Shutdown today

TiffanyHalderman

jesus christ who are these morons that we elect to congress? Most of the controversy is about funding planned parenthood which is really fucking retarded since they provide a pretty significant and important benefit to our society.

Guest disparaissant

It's pretty much just over Planned Parenthood at this point, the deficit has very little to do with it.

Republicans attacking women's healthcare GO FIGURE.

Dems could have passed a budget any time in the last year for fiscal 2011, it's their own fault they punted and didn't even present one. Shutdown means very little (there was no controversy during the carter and reagan admins when there were something like 12 shutdowns - technically the gov't shuts down for federal holidays too but that's obviously different). if they didn't want this fight they could've had any budget they wanted when they controlled both houses of congress and the white house.

edit: and this "women's healthcare" stuff is silly. there are plenty of places to get a mammogram. Planned Parenthood is an abortion mill. end of.

Dems could have passed a budget any time in the last year for fiscal 2011, it's their own fault they punted and didn't even present one. Shutdown means very little (there was no controversy during the carter and reagan admins when there were something like 12 shutdowns - technically the gov't shuts down for federal holidays too but that's obviously different). if they didn't want this fight they could've had any budget they wanted when they controlled both houses of congress and the white house.

edit: and this "women's healthcare" stuff is silly. there are plenty of places to get a mammogram. Planned Parenthood is an abortion mill. end of.

If that is really your take on planned parenthood you are greatly misinformed.

Guest disparaissant

does this mean I don't have to pay my taxes?

No :(

It does mean that you won't get your return until the shutdown is over! Exciting!

I was working on a contract for 2010 so I basically wasn't getting anything withheld. I did quarterly payments, but they only worked out to about 10% of my income. This was the other 10%/

I am getting $38.00 back from the state of CA, lol.

If that is really your take on planned parenthood you are greatly misinformed.

:cisfor:

Guest disparaissant

Why the fuck? What is this supposed to accomplish?

It was a hissy fit thrown by the tea partiers so they could enhance personal liberties shut down planned parenthood and destroy the environment.

Archived