IGNORED

2 songs (and visuals)

Guest bitroast

@ Jonas: narrow-mindedness is what kills creativity. one has to get his nose out of his shit to see the whole picture.

..maybe it's because I'm facepalming so hard now that I can't see the whole picture? :facepalm:

nice joke, but i don't see what you're facepalming about. maybe i wasn't clear in my post. you said that having high expectations killed creativity, and while it can be true to a certain point, i think the contrary makes more sense: having high expectations encourages creativity. i think that staying inside a microcosm of things you're comfortable with doesn't make you evolve. you have to keep an open mind, and see what there is outside your comfort zone. now, of course we're only humans and we're lazy and we make mistakes, i'll give you that!

And Brian is acting like a cunt... as always.

yeah, i said what i think sincerely without making compliments and licking balls therefore i'm acting like a cunt. brilliant deduction, sherlock.

just because someone creates something doesn't mean this thing is necessarily good (does that make sense?).

i don't see the point in sharing creations if those don't have a value of any kind in relation to the general context of music, that's how i see it anyway. the same goes for any kind of art. if you don't have something interesting to say (musically speaking), then don't say anything! silence is golden!

I used to do this, be quite cutting when people made music that didn't conform to my ideals or standards of what elevates sound above the foggy morass of the mediocre.

But then i realised two things. Values that you may find instructive for your life.

Firstly, it's nice to be nice and live and let live and lead by example and if you haven't anything nice to say don't say anything at all. The last concept was the hardest for me to stomach, as i grew up in an home environment where we would freely express our naked views on things, not beat around the bush or dress up pigs with lipstick. It seemed logical to not be too emotionally invested in one point of view, unless you continuously tested it against opposing arguments. So i would be the first to say something of mine was shit and wouldn't care too much if someone else in good faith told me the same. We all have to grow and so therefore aren't going to be amazing out of the gate, eh.

Nevertheless, this isn't how most people operate. They need more emotional validation to get through their day. And that's fine, they get better tooand maybe are just as self critical. Though perhaps, some will always remain amateur tinkerers and that's ok, as long as what they're doing is having a positive effect on their lives. Giving them a satisfied buzz.

Secondly, maybe after all it doesn't matter what i think. Where once i thought there were objective standards that you could rationally apply, to make a piece better. To help you in taming the randomness. And that these concepts could easily be transferred to others to help encourage them to strive for greater things. What of subjective experience. My rules on shaping randomness grew from how life itself shaped me, all the music that i listened to, the colours that i was most fascinated by. Perhaps, in a different environment grow trees producing other fruit, it's flesh as sweet, to the linedancing bootscooter from upper mongolia.

hrmm, i set to writing this post with loftier goals for it, but here it stands half done. Critique it all you like, you have my permission. Just remember, that does it really matter?

;-]

@ Jonas: narrow-mindedness is what kills creativity. one has to get his nose out of his shit to see the whole picture.

..maybe it's because I'm facepalming so hard now that I can't see the whole picture? :facepalm:

nice joke, but i don't see what you're facepalming about. maybe i wasn't clear in my post. you said that having high expectations killed creativity, and while it can be true to a certain point, i think the contrary makes more sense: having high expectations encourages creativity. i think that staying inside a microcosm of things you're comfortable with doesn't make you evolve. you have to keep an open mind, and see what there is outside your comfort zone. now, of course we're only humans and we're lazy and we make mistakes, i'll give you that!

Its kind of funny that you pull everybody else also in the RDJ position to no release anything for years until they have something excellent to show while you are the person that is annoyed by it the most at the same time(talking about how you hate richard for his delay on new releases in every 2nd post).

some people just want to learn by posting stuff or are ok with doing it as a hobby. Not everybody has to create music to become the meaning of his whole existence.

I am happy for everybody who takes the time to be creative as a hobby. Its hard to do that nowadays with many people having your opinion of nothing being good enough for their elitist taste.

I like the tunes.

Id also like to note that the latter half of Ira's advice is pretty much how VHS Head and White Mask came out. Didn't the just force each other to finish tracks weekly. Im not saying that they aren't both really talented (cause they are). But Id say making a lot of music in a short space of time makes you or breaks you.

Its kind of funny that you pull everybody else also in the RDJ position to no release anything for years until they have something excellent to show while you are the person that is annoyed by it the most at the same time(talking about how you hate richard for his delay on new releases in every 2nd post).

some people just want to learn by posting stuff or are ok with doing it as a hobby. Not everybody has to create music to become the meaning of his whole existence.

I am happy for everybody who takes the time to be creative as a hobby. Its hard to do that nowadays with many people having your opinion of nothing being good enough for their elitist taste.

i'm also happy for people who have good time making music as a hobby. i'm very sad for the music produced though. lol

also, i'm not an elitist, i love slipknot or dr dre for example.

and by the way, my moaning about afx taking centuries to release new stuff is just a fanboy joke i often make. i'm happy he takes all his time because you can hear it in the result.

Seriously who wouldn't be mad at Rich. I tear his poster down every day and hang it back on the wall after I calmed myself down with a bottle of booze. Then I just sit by the bed and weep inside a teddies neck, and think about how vibert taught aphex the funk so that he can transpose a truckload of it into the aphex universe, the tuss boot camp is over now, Rich.

Archived