IGNORED

GTAV

Guest Gary C

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Not just referring to the potential that falls short because of console specific development, PC IS a much better experience even in most cases with games that were designed for consoles. MODS. Look at the mods for GTA4 on PC, the mods for Skyrim, that make the games hugely dramatically better. With Steams new mod workshop platform, trying out and combining mods on PC games is becoming even more amazing than it already was. Or with the new Assassin's Creed, vanilla it's going to have textures that in some cases are 4 times more high resolution than on consoles, DX11. Or just even being able to jack up the rendering resolution, anti aliasing, anti stropic filtering on max settings makes feel much less dated and beautiful even with the direct x version/textures resolutions etc. as the console version.

It's not just about graphics. Being able to choose different controls and not being forced to use only the specific controller proprietary to the console is really nice. Sometimes I want to use a controller but 84% of the time I prefer mouse and keyboard. Of course with dedicated on servers and much better machines PC can support a lot more players in multiplayer pvp, coop, massives but that's mostly getting into the potential that gets neglected with console focused developing.

I will say it again. I want to play GTA5 on a high end PC with flawless performance with mind blowing visuals, with mods with !OCULUS RIFT!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah fool, not saying it will suck. Just saying it will not be as good as it could potentially be. If specifically designed for PC it could have 256 player multiplayer/coop, with much better !physics!, graphics, realism, !Oculus Rift! etc. etc.

I will probably buy this on 360 day one like I did GTA4, I wish I had the patience for it come out on PC even if it's mediocre port like GTA4 was it still became a much better game with mods and regular high end PC standards.

Hopefully the next gen of consoles will fix this somewhat, even if it is just temporary.

My eyes just rolled so hard they almost popped out of my head. No one is saying you can't like both. I clearly said I ain't console hater, I have been playing Halo 4, Black Ops 2 lately and bought GTA4 day one on 360....

I just think that it's ridiculously apparent that gamers who only care about consoles are incredibly unrealistic (perhaps ignorance? perhaps denial) about how console driven development is hurting triple A games.

Don't worry I ain't worried, PC gaming is back in popularity in a big way. Thanks to PC technology getting even more drastically better than even the next gen consoles will be, Kickstarter and exciting stuff like Oculus Rift the force is returning to balance.

What about consoles is best or better than PC besides some exclusive games and more of your lazy friends are online that don't have the gumption to buy a PSU and GPU?

The gaming world would dramatically benefit if consoles ceased to be and everything was developed and enjoyed on PCs.

It's like people forget that you can plug your PC into your TV and use a wireless mouse and keyboard and controller when you want to sit back and relax. It's amazing to me that some people don't understand why PC gaming is so great.

I've done the five pound challenge with loads of my friends. The basic idea is if they can get through that video without laughing then they get five pounds. Nobody has claimed the prize yet! Even non video game fans find it hilarious. It's just perfect.

• 4 weeks later...

lol at the obese shark.

Love the sub and the airplanes though. Come to think of it, I'd probably be willing to plunk down money for a hyper-real 9-11 simulator (ie flying jumbo jets into various landmarks and witnessing the virtual carnage). Of course they can never sell it as that, so hiding it inside GTA will have to do.

Unless they've somehow disabled it with some kind of anti collision mesh on tall buildings, I bet within a few days after release you'll see a ton of homemade 9-11 jet crashes recorded in GTA 5. Of course the buildings won't collapse though...

I know it's in very poor taste, but before 9-11, it would have been hard to think of anything you'd rather do in a flying sim...ah the hours I spent flying crappy pixelated jets between the wires in the golden gate bridge back in the day...

We must have weirdly similar imaginations, haha. Right after 9/11 I jumped straight on my dads PC and played Flight Simulator 2000 to fly a 747 into the World Trade Center.

It was weirdly cathartic.

Archived