IGNORED

Dark Souls

Joyrex

Anybody manage to get into the Dark Souls II beta on PS3/XBOX? I missed the first round, but hopefully the second round on 22nd October will let me in. From what I've seen in leaked videos and discussion, it's just as brutally hard as the first two games.

I kinda wished they had called this Dark [something] rather than put a II after the second title in the series.

I was able to get in. I really felt the differences in the game engine. Even though I mastered Dark Souls, I was still getting my ass handed to me left and right. Weapons felt weightier but movement felt faster, if that makes sense. It honestly felt like a good mix between Demons and Dark.

One of the best changes they made was the variety in dual wielding. Left hand weapons combo well with the main hand and even have their own running attacks. I mostly played as the dual swordsmen but switched to the sorcerer for the last half hour. The magic I experimented with was bad ass, but felt very under powered. That was most likely due to me not putting enough stats into it.

The lock on system has had an overhaul as well. I can't say if like it yet. For example, you are no longer constrained to always facing an enemy when you're locked on. This led to me consistently failing at shield poking enemies with my estoc even though I was right in front of them and locked on.

Invasions and summoning worked flawlessly. I never had my summon sign down for more than ten seconds before someone picked it up.

Overall, I thought it was amazing. It actually felt more like Demons Souls 2 instead of Dark Souls 2 IMO. Especially when I encountered a section that had four black phantom versions of these big whip wielding guys. Can't wait for the next beta session.

If anyone manages to get into the next beta session and wants to jolly co-op with me, my psn is mattlines0828.

Umbasa

Praise the Sun! That sounds awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Died about 20 times so far at the Gaping Dragon. I officially suck at this game.

please tell me this guy's primary attack is shooting fireballs from his gaping butthole because that's all I'm picturing. how else can you call him the Gaping Dragon?

• 7 months later...

Just beat DaS and am now in the market for a used PS3 with which to play DeS. Holy shit, best game(s) ever. Would totally buy a PS4 to follow From.

• 1 year later...
Guest abracadabra

Dark Souls 3 was just released here today.

I was crossing my fingers for Burial to drop another selfie and/or new track or EP before this day. (http://www.hyperdub.net/burial/).

Cheers to Will and everyone that's about to immerse themselves once again in this fantastic series.

Praise the Sun!

my housemate got me to play the second one, clocked like 60 hours already its only been about a week. something about this game, it's magnetic, and i'm not even a gamer really. but this is so immersive, i can see why burial isn't making any tunes.

no wonder i'm still unemployed.

yeah played till 5 in the morning yesterday, very addictive and i love the coplay and invasions

wanted to catch some sunshine but now i just downloaded doom, i'm so friggin hollow and i love it

Archived