IGNORED

antidepressants

oyster

I'm really glad I never started on antidepressants. I have a friendofafriend who is on them and they have turned her into a fucking psychopath. Not a zombie, actually she was a bit of a zombie before the pills to be honest, and I think she was always a bit unstable, but she used to keep it kind of bottled up and to herself. She is now very hard to be around/impossible to be around and she is pushing her only true friend (not me) farther and farther away with her crazy shit. It's actually very sad and I do feel bad for her, but at the same time it's not fair to expect anyone to have to deal with a person like her.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

real talk. i was in this same situation a few months back. you'll have to make a decision immediately as to whether financial wellbeing or mental wellbeing is your first goal. Personally I chose to forsake the psych for the time being, and I seem to be doing ok with it.

In a weird way being overworked has helped my mental state...there literally is no time to get depressed....more feelings of anger than anything else.

i went to the free clinic in town and they were able to help me out some so thats nice

my mental wellbeing is presently way more important to me than having money... i'm overworked as hell (finals + job + applying to new schools oh god) and its just made me stress to the point of mania whoo whoo

but luckily i have an appointment with the county mental health services in a month and some shit to hopefully tide me over until then and then everything there will be free since i worked under the table all last year.

Guest A/D

Do not ask WATTM on this topic. Talk to your doctor.

Yes only ask WATMM. The cunts at WATTM will drive you to suicide.

Do not ask WATTM on this topic. Talk to your doctor.

says the man with 216 posts. I've said it before and I'll say it again, watmm has a track record of actually being a pretty good place to find some articulate folks with insight and some common experience when it comes to mental issues (and in xxx's case, actual medical training). Of course no watmm advice should be seen as a substitute for seeking professional help, but it's also completely natural for people to want to open up about their problems to like-minded folks first. I don't think we're a bad first stop...

Anyone here take 5htp to increase yer serotonins? Seems to be quite effective for some people, is much less invasive than most antidepressants, and you don't need a prescription for it. (PS don't take it if you're already taking other antidepressants, but if you're looking for an alternative it seems to be a pretty good one.)

Anyone agreeing that it's strange there's even such a thing as prescription free antidepressants? As if depression is cured like a headache. Sounds like there's a hole in regulation. And it's created by some pharmaceutic company. One or more. (if doctors are prescribing less, you can still use the wall-mart route)

*bling bling*

I could use anti-depressants today. Feeling worse than i have in months. Oh well, just have to push through it. My next sleep will probably reboot whatevers going on.

Guest iep

I have lots of emotions and often it's a problem. I think the worst is when they get all locked up from not coming out and then I don't know what they are anymore. The only solution that consistently works is to spend time focusing on how each emotion feels in my body and then writing about it as much as I can. I would be interested to know if this works for anyone else.

it doesn't work for me. i wear a mask of reason and rationality to avoid facing that impregnable mindfield.

heh. yeah that stopped working for me, was the thing.

how old are you?

delet, just avail yourself of that tried-and-true depression lifter admins have used for ages: ban someone :emotawesomepm9:

Can you imagine the moaning that i would have to put up with. It would increase the seeming weight of the world pushing down on my head by a couple of tons.

Ala, i'm not one of those people that can balance being reviled with the magic of power over others.

Archived