IGNORED

Solid Dj controller

tokn

Yeah. I'm looking for a DJ controller which is solid and works nice with Traktor 2. I recently got it and love it, but there are so many possibilities that my old Behringer BCD 3000 is not enough any more. Furthermore the BCD really feels like shit and three knobs are already broken (half a year of use).

I like the Novation Twich a lot from what I see. Though it is optimised to work with Serato Itch (whatever that is) I can imagine it will be great to control Traktor (and other software) as well. I like the innovative concept with the pads and the touchstrip.

Of course the hardware from NI would be the obvious choice, but they are a bit too expensive for me.

Also lots of other companies like Numark or Vestax are building DJ-controllers, which are said to be more solid than Behringer stuff.

What would you buy? What do you use to controll Traktor or similiar software?

Numark Mixtrack pro looks cool as fuck.

Just because something is made to run with Serato doesnt mean they didnt take traktor into account. You can easily remap anything you dont think anyway.

Numark Mixtrack pro looks cool as fuck.

Just because something is made to run with Serato doesnt mean they didnt take traktor into account. You can easily remap anything you dont think anyway.

Yeah the Numark would be the obvious choice I guess, to have a more solid controller than the Behringer shit, but not pay as much as for the NI or Novation Twitch.

Sure I could do a creative mapping with Twitch and Traktor, but a lot of features like the auto-slice or auto-loop are software features from this serato itch software. And I doubt I want to use that software though these effects look really cool. Have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ytM05o1wqhw?feature=player_embedded

More opinions would be nice! I mean, we are not the 2 only ones DJing here, right?

I'd advice you to go in one of those dj stores and test a bunch of controllers, ask for advice.

yeah that's the obvious best thing, but still, I'm interested in which digital DJing-hardware stuff you guys use!

Denon

I was looking at these as well. Do you use one or two? Can you map the FX section of Traktor in a nice way? Would there be a button to trigger the sample decks?

so does anyone at all play vinyl anymore? I haven't DJed in like 10 years haha.

I'd love a setup with serrato and some decks...

But i guess that's not what this is about :D

Id love to dj vinyl. The cost of keeping an up to date library is massive though.

An ideal plan would be to have laptop w/ midi decks + 1 turntable, the opportunity to play 3 tracks while still actually being a real dj.

Denon

I was looking at these as well. Do you use one or two? Can you map the FX section of Traktor in a nice way? Would there be a button to trigger the sample decks?

I have a HD2500 but as a rule Denon stuff is pretty solid in general both in build and software

My friend works for the company behind this (EKS Otus Raw), and I have tested it thoroughly. Sure it´s a bit expensive, but it was very very well made, it felt like it could take a hell of a beating. Worked fluently with Traktor Skrats. Scratch wheels feel was close to that of the cdjs.

http://eks.fi/product.php?p=products&id=63

eksraw.jpg

I guess I would buy these from Denon instead from EKS, but I would prefer a piece of hardware which reminds me more of a mixer. Can you tell me: Do you use one or two? Can you map the FX section of Traktor in a nice way? Would there be a button to trigger the sample decks?

Also, check these new Behringer devices out: http://www.behringer.com/community/behringer-cmd-dj-midi-controllers/

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I just wanted to give this thread a push and hope for more help and ideas.

Besides all these DJ-controllers, I was looking after, there would be the possibility of just buying a real mixer with USB functionality, so that I can use the mixer knobs and faders to custom map my Traktor. Someone here who is doing that?

the usb on most mixers work like an inbuilt soundcard and wont automate any faders

yeah, but there are some which can be used like a pure MIDI controller.

the usb on most mixers work like an inbuilt soundcard and wont automate any faders

yeah, but there are some which can be used like a pure MIDI controller.

and they wont be cheap

the CME Bitstream is a pretty solid bit of kit yer know! (ahem)

Hehe do you work for the company or what :emotawesomepm9: ? No seriously I looked at it and I liked it, but I'm still undecided. This doesn't seem to be the right forum for DJing questions, maybe I will move this question to a better suited forum like djtechtools or something.

Archived