IGNORED

s / s / s - Beak & Claw

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Sufjan Stevens has teamed up with two Anticon artists, Son Lux and the rapper Serengeti for a new project called s / s / s. They'll release the four track Beak & Claw EP on March 20 via Anticon.

The six-minute track "Museum Day" features Sufjan singing Auto-Tuned lines alongside rap verses from Serengeti. The EP features vocal contributions from Shara Worden of My Brightest Diamond on "If This Is Real", while Doseone from Subtle and Themselves appears on the closer, "Octomom".

01 Museum Day

02 Beyond Any Doubt

03 If This Is Real

04 Octomom

http://www.pitchfork.com/news/45562-sufjan-stevens-teams-with-son-lux-and-rapper-serengeti-as-s-s-s-ep-due-on-anticon/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrSparkle666

Autotune was the worst thing about Sufjan's last album. Why would I want to hear more of that? :wacko:

I would go even further to say that it was the only cringe inducing-moment on an otherwise amazing album. Why on earth would he want to do that again?

EDIT: Oh god, I just listened to the track. WTF is this horseshit? I'm a big fan of Sufjan Stevens and Anticon, so I had high hopes. I can't believe this is so bad. Biggest disappointment since Chris Cornell and RATM decided to get together.

Autotune was the worst thing about Sufjan's last album. Why would I want to hear more of that? :wacko:

I would go even further to say that it was the only cringe inducing-moment on an otherwise amazing album. Why on earth would he want to do that again?

I won't disagree with you there.

I too am a fan of Anticon (not every single thing of course) and The Age of Adz is the only Sufjan I've listened to but I like it - so yeah this could have been a cool project but sure doesn't sound good.

of the three i liked son lux last album. i did not like serengeti last record despite yoni wolf(why?)'s production and the only sufjan i like(have heard properly) is illinoise.

so i'm not expecting to like this much and the preview track isn't very nice. just interesting that these guys came together

i haven't heard sufjan w/ autotune before. seems odd choice as he has a nice voice

that said i like that they are taking a risk. experimentation sometimes throws up greatness sometimes not. thems the risks

Guest interr0bangr

- I love everything Son Lux has ever done

- I loved Serengeti's last album although it was mostly for the amazing production.

- Haven't heard anything Sufjan has ever done.

This is...interesting. I'll need to hear all 4 tracks before I really judge it but I don't hate the first track.

• 3 weeks later...

on first listen

the preview track has grown on me but i think mainly the sonlux part

• 5 months later...

Archived