IGNORED

Dreamy, Foresty Track

sheatheman

Most of the meat was made on my phone, then some processing and layering with ableton and reason. That moog software pair is sublime, and copying and pasting audio into beatmaker 2 makes things pretty great.

I love making music on my phone because I can just sit in the car or anywhere and sample anything really easily, and also be inspired by the environment.

http://soundcloud.com/shea-mcgilvray/waiting-looking

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Very good track dude, I really like the production, how did you get the waves of hiss, filtering, panning and general circular motion most of the sound?

The melody, groove and composition is really good obviously by the way. It think it works pretty well without how it is, relatively simple but effective. If it were any longer it might seem like it needed something else but, I have no complaints.

Very good track dude, I really like the production, how did you get the waves of hiss, filtering, panning and general circular motion most of the sound?

The melody, groove and composition is really good obviously by the way. It think it works pretty well without how it is, relatively simple but effective. If it were any longer it might seem like it needed something else but, I have no complaints.

thanks for listening bfc. the hiss is mostly from ableton's erosion unit set to noise. i've found it very effective for adding that type of thing. some of the other hiss is from a virtual tape layer, super compressed, so it sound's side chained even though it's not.

there is a lot of channel volume automation, and some filter automation, plus a reverb return track, so maybe the volume swells feeding into the verb create that circular effect.

Guest capitan mission

i like it, pastoral electronica. awesome that you make it in a cell, i dont use phone...

pd: by the way, how I could edit my posts? I cant edit my thread and I dont want to open another one asking...

Enjoying the mood here, The melodies are very pleasant and I like how distant everything sounds. I'm definitely a fan of this style. I'll have to check out more of your music!

this is really good man, love it. awesome sound for using your phone. what apps (?) do you use?

I used Animoog, Filtatron, and Beatmaker 2. I also used Reason and Ableton on the desktop.

i like it, pastoral electronica. awesome that you make it in a cell, i dont use phone...

pd: by the way, how I could edit my posts? I cant edit my thread and I dont want to open another one asking...

you can edit your posts within a certain amount of time after you post them. after that and you need to be a moderator.

Nice. You can do so much with Beatmaker 2 the power of it is pretty immense.

yeah, i'm loving the compressor.

loved this!

thx

Yes, this is very nice. Especially for a phone tune. I only use my phone to play C64 SID-tunes while I'm driving. Outrun works nicely for that.. :gamer:

Archived