IGNORED

facebook url

data

this really isn't worthy of a thread but whatever, im too annoyed to think straight right now.

i wanted to change my current facebook artist page url (http://www.facebook.com/pages/mitch-murder/304065434705) to something more proper (like facebook.com/mitchmurder)

so i tried a bunch of different variations, like:

mitchmurder

mitch.murder

mitchmurderofficial

mitchmurder.official

mitchmurdermusic

etc etc

none of which is available

then it started getting weird,

mitchmurder80s

mitchmurder1980

not available

and finally

mitchmurder.rossocorsa

not available (rosso corsa is the label im on).

the hell is this?! also, how the hell do i get in touch with facebook about it? i've been going through their help pages but i've yet to find a "mail us" option. can anything even be done? ffffuuuu

OR, are they so infinitely lame that they won't allow "offensive" words such as murder to be used in urls?

i just tried murder.W57RS426890175

not available

so i guess they don't allow certain words to be used at all. grr!

ok feel free to remove thread.

i just tried murder.W57RS426890175

not available

so i guess they don't allow certain words to be used at all. grr!

ok feel free to remove thread.

Actually I registered that name sometime last year for my taxidermy group.

what about mitchmurddah ?

facebook is for sane ppl only, good clean fun, everyones shaved, everyone is happy and shares his tiny middleclass happyiness

yeah I think you might as well go for a clever (but annoyingly unnecessary) "misspelled" version - murddah or m_tchm_rder or something else using symbols...even though I know you don't make witch house :/

so lame - facebook won't let "murder," an extremely basic word in the English language in a URL, but they'll host threatening bile from nationalist and racist fringe groups...free speech facebook: you're doing it wrong.

Archived