IGNORED

My first ever music question!

Guest El_Chemso

Guest El_Chemso

I've been a member here since about 2003, but I didn't join to talk about music, I just liked the banter.

However the time has come, I need genuine music advice with relation to a product video.

In my real world alter-ego I have a product that is used in the woodworking industry. I'm just putting together a little demo video with hopefully a little bit of production value.

My question is what sort of background music would you recommend and where does one obtain music that one isn't going to get sued for using.

My aim for the type of music is something like the music (more soundtrack) heard in these videos:

This ones quite too electro, maybe a little toned down:

Just in before you say something like Rubber Jonny, I'd love a laugh but I'd also really appreciate your music knowledge and help.

TIA!

I believe the second one is taken from Garageband (my knowledge of the songs you can make on there are based solely on the jingles from Adam and Joe's podcasts). So maybe just seek a person with a copy of Garageband ... as A&J used it for commercial radio I can only assume they're fine to use freely copyright wise.

Guest El_Chemso

Thanks both, WATMM delivers! Had a listen to garage band, found a few that were good. Found a really nice piano/techno one that sounds a little bit like the tune used from the GoPro videos on iStock sounds little like:

So I think you've answered my question already, ty.

I believe the second one is taken from Garageband (my knowledge of the songs you can make on there are based solely on the jingles from Adam and Joe's podcasts). So maybe just seek a person with a copy of Garageband ... as A&J used it for commercial radio I can only assume they're fine to use freely copyright wise.

yeah, any loops that come with GarageBand or Logic are free of copyright issues

Archived