IGNORED

Summery funky experimentation

zkom

Here's a little tune I wrote..

I'm kinda experimenting with taking tracks more to the chaotic side and seeing how many layers I can have without the track being a complete mess so this may be more IDMz than the previous ones. I'd say maximalist but it's so retarded term, so I say anti-minimalist :cisfor:

[media=]

[/media]

Some pretty rad things going on, and neat sounds. If I was you I would add some more kicky punchy drums but I'm not you so you know. Do what you want.

I'm gonna use a little story as an excuse to bump this..

It seems that this track attracts birds. :cisfor: A guy told me over the intertubes that while listening to this track outdoors on speakers birds would come and listen. So, I told him there are actually sounds of birds singing on it but he would not believe at first. The sounds are about in the middle but are not that noticeable without headphones.

The attracted birds were white wagtails, but I can't remember what the birds were when I was doing the field recordings..

White-Wagtail.jpg

truestory.jpg

Crazys with the birds, but actually this can be true.

The track is really grooving in a weird way and I don't find it to complex or full at all, like you said in the beginning. I would add some heavier percussion and some pumping BDs, but that's your choice of course and would make the track quite different.

Thanks for the comments. I wanted the BD to throb softly so I'll probably leave it as it is but I'm making a new track that has more distorted feel and I'm first time experimenting with side chaining and tape saturation so it might come out as more pumping if I get to finishing it.

I had to stop adjusting this track when I woke up in middle of the night and I just kept hearing the melody over and over in my head, so I just decided it's done. :crazy:

Archived