IGNORED

London™ 2012™ Olympics®

Rubin Farr

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Roksen Creek

Maybe they should have Mo Farah running for 30 minutes every Saturday before X Factor.

Hah !!

Funny thing is though mate, they probably like the x-factor as well. Just never got around to telling us before this.

;-]

5eb10743.gif

No need to get your knickers in a twist. My post wasn't addressed at you in particular. It appears that there's more defending the right to like it and criticising the opinions of nay-sayers than vice versa. It seems to me like people are defending their right to enjoy what they know is actually pretty shit. Nothing wrong with that. All good clean fun. But am I wrong to express my opinion of it. At no point have I professed my opinion to be more valid than others. I'm just genuinely baffled that anyone on here could enjoy what was clearly a steaming pile of unpolished dogturd from start to finish. Also it's not as if you've never waded into a topic and called something out on being shit (in your opinion) is it?

no, certainly not - i'm often wading into things throwing definitive opinions around willy-nilly but i think in this case, especially as it was a homegrown, british event, a modicum of restraint is in order when reviewing things. also nothing wrong with a bit of national pride and being pleased that it all went so well. slagging the thing off because it didn't fit with your particular aesthetic is prohibitively narrow-minded (imo) and like, everyone shouldn't take it all so seriously or expect a huge commercial world-wide event to be anything other than a huge commercial world-wide event (ie, cheesy, jingoistic, bombastic and featuring the mainstream heavily) - i think london 2012 was all these things but still managed to be quirky, original and fun.

No need to get your knickers in a twist. My post wasn't addressed at you in particular. It appears that there's more defending the right to like it and criticising the opinions of nay-sayers than vice versa. It seems to me like people are defending their right to enjoy what they know is actually pretty shit. Nothing wrong with that. All good clean fun. But am I wrong to express my opinion of it. At no point have I professed my opinion to be more valid than others. I'm just genuinely baffled that anyone on here could enjoy what was clearly a steaming pile of unpolished dogturd from start to finish. Also it's not as if you've never waded into a topic and called something out on being shit (in your opinion) is it?

no, certainly not - i'm often wading into things throwing definitive opinions around willy-nilly but i think in this case, especially as it was a homegrown, british event, a modicum of restraint is in order when reviewing things. also nothing wrong with a bit of national pride and being pleased that it all went so well. slagging the thing off because it didn't fit with your particular aesthetic is prohibitively narrow-minded (imo) and like, everyone shouldn't take it all so seriously or expect a huge commercial world-wide event to be anything other than a huge commercial world-wide event (ie, cheesy, jingoistic, bombastic and featuring the mainstream heavily) - i think london 2012 was all these things but still managed to be quirky, original and fun.

basically this - I think Rio might top London in their ability to exude stereotypes, but otherwise I think they'll ceremonies will have a similar vibe

Archived