IGNORED

Pylonesque (Pianoesque Edition By Swegüno)

So, the Christ. cover competition is over. A lot of people expressed interest initially and yet there were only two submissions ultimately; My cover of 'Pylonesque' (as Swegüno) and a cover of 'Moxley Moy' by a fellow called 'Scyye'.

It feels trite to mention that I got 'first' place considering the odds, and also considering how superb Scyye's cover is, but that's how it went down...

There is some almost disturbing synchronicity here though. For starters, Pylonesque and Moxley Moy are very similar sounding tracks; carrying an aesthetic that is largely shared between them. Second, both our covers are predominately piano driven in the melody department with percussive elements and reverbed string swells. Third, both of our names are Dan(!)

If you'd like to hear/download these tracks please follow this link to Christ.'s bandcamp page...

http://christmusic.bandcamp.com/album/covers-competition-winners

Now also seems as good a time as any to point out my Facebook & Soundcloud links in my sig as many of you have probably not heard any of my tracks. If you like what I've done with Pylonesque then there are more tracks to be heard in those links! I hope you enjoy! I also have a track on the new WATMM 'Incomplete Skyscrapers' compilation just so ya know...

</self-promotion>

nice work on the Pylonesque mix! I enjoy that you use real instruments.

Thanks very much! I enjoy the variability inherent with actual instruments. There are some splendid melodic moments in there that I never planned for and I owe that to random spontaneity on the part of analogue instruments!

Here is a French article ( http://www.indierockmag.com/article19633.html ) on the cover competition that I just subjected to Babelfish... Enjoy the ridiculous results...

"This a few weeks ago, we organize a contest of times of Christ. to celebrate as they should the imminent release of Cathexis - Motion Picture Soundtrack, album and soundtrack of the animated film of the same name to be published by the end of the summer on the bristolien Parallax Sounds label.

Whether it is the heat of the early summer which is to blame in the history or our full confidence in the talent and the reputation of Scottish musician with his peers, the returns generated by this competition proved disappointing. Fortunately, the only two times that we reached before the deadline feuding and sense of elegance, will not sulk our pleasure as much as in one case as in the other it is indeed of discoveries of weight. Twice built on a ground of piano, by which both consists were Dan, to believe that fate itself was at work to determine the fate of the vinyl copies brought into play by the Boards Of Canada ex.

On the one hand, the Berliner Scyye thus attacked scarcity Moxley Moy, originally released on the album Yugo 77 98 in Hyperact released and has since become not found for a bucolic aquatic pulsating spleen concentrate:

The German, whose the Soundcloud page is already replete with small pearls dream among them several times of the above-named BoC, will appear soon on the 5th volume of compilations electronica Twoism forum, specifically dedicated to the Scottish duo via the album of the same name who was the last in which Christ. participated before embarking on the perfect solo career that is known about him. But despite the quality of its replay, Scyye not here for second place, inherits capped to the pole by a certain Sweguno, Canadian based as to him in San Francisco and responsible for a cover of beauty of significantly renamed Pylonesque.

Even more difficult to surprise in such a context and yet American is easily achieved by way of reinventing the piece from the melodic "ghosts" of the delay of the original, and more when the neo-classical start of his version, which must eventually disturbing atmospheres cinematic of a Michael Andrews or the serial romance of Michael Nyman to the strange analog musings of Christ.opens in mid-route to a ballet of beats on the almost epic bloom air cushions:

There still need to go to the snowman Soundcloud for an overview more succinct but promising the extent of his talents. Good pick so, and even double for a competition which we will have at least allowed to reveal two projects to follow very closely.

As Christ., is leaving on his recent and surprising remix post-dubstep Antediluvian Dub of the American Skytree, talented resident of Boltfish Recordings including the glitch - hop mystique with of wobbles cybernetic manages to find both the Scots a resurgence of rhythmic efficiency and disturbing dream nooks to explore:"

Guest Frankie5fingers

this is hilarious. only two submissions. lol.

great song man. yours is so much better than that other guys in my opinion.

• 6 months later...

Archived