IGNORED

Christ. cover competition!

Christ. is putting on a month long cover competition over at his FB page! People are to submit a cover of any Christ. track from his entire discography and signed vinyl is up for grabs! For more info see the provided link.

I just started my cover of 'Pylonesque'.

Damn it! I wish I could edit the title; Chriat :facepalm:

Linking facebook pages is proving to be annoying, so just check out his FB page and get the details or look here... http://www.indierockmag.com/article19058.html

Mods, feel free to use your powers to correct the title; please and thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

for some reason i have a complete blindspot for bands which have names like Christ, Neon Indian, etc.

What in the hell is that supposed to mean?

I see it now. Awe is an atheist otter.

org_1032.jpg

What's his public facebook page ? I can't seem to find 'Christ.' without all the obvious 'Christ' references. I can't force Google to search for the punctuated version either by doing something like:

Christ. inurl:facebook -Christ

for some reason i have a complete blindspot for bands which have names like Christ, Neon Indian, etc.

it means that the band names are offensively attention-seeking hipster shit, didn't want to have to go that far in my resentment towards ultra shitty new indie band names but you asked. And it's not unique to this, i mean the fact that Justice uses a giant christian cross for some kind of ironic or aesthetic choice is just absolutely retarded to me, but hey, different strokes for different folks

it means that the band names are offensively attention-seeking hipster shit, didn't want to have to go that far in my resentment towards ultra shitty new indie band names but you asked. And it's not unique to this, i mean the fact that Justice uses a giant christian cross for some kind of ironic or aesthetic choice is just absolutely retarded to me, but hey, different strokes for different folks

LOL at how you could even consider Christ.'s name as 'hipster'.

I happen to like Neon Indian, and Justice - so you're criticizing them for having a shtick? I'd say 75% or more of the artists have some sort of shtick as part of their performance. What ultimately matters is their music - and Christ., Justice and Neon Indian all produce music I think is pretty damn good.

I could see you saying this say about Com Truise or any of those 'parody' artist names, but the fact Chris has come up with an interesting artist name CHRISTopher, abbreviating it with a period to create CHRIST., and being a play on the ubiquitous "Christ" name, should be celebrated, not dismissed.

Don't you have some artist on your label named "Florescent Grey"? That's pretty hipster, man...

Don't you have some artist on your label named "Florescent Grey"? That's pretty hipster, man...

tumblr_lxjlubLtHY1rn1xxfo1_100.gif

Archived