IGNORED

David Lynch & Alan R. Splet ‎– Eraserhead Original Soundtrack Recording

Gretsky 3D

http://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/releases/sbr3008/

They'll be rereleasing this awesome soundtrack, it appears. Included with the original LP is a 7" with In Heaven on one side, and on the other the never before released track Pete's Boogie.

Deluxe Edition includes: 16 page booklet, three 11" x 11" prints, digital download, & a limited-edition Peter Ivers 7" of “In Heaven” b/w a newly unearthed Ivers recording taken from the original soundtrack audio tapes.

Most online shops don't seem to have it in stock anymore. If anyone can spot some copies somewhere, let us all know.

But it seems like the version that got released in the 80s is also available on discogs at relatively affordable prices.

One thing is sure- the packaging is really really gorgeous. The printed parts, the download, the records itself. Everything done with love and handcraftship.

But- if you are really a diehard fan of the movie and Lynch- buy it if you have NO previous copy of the soundtrack. If you want it only for the 7inch, you better get a cheaper 80ties repress.

Pete's Boogie is nice, very ambient-ish with a lot of industrial hissing (very soft) and some playful organ in the background. The Radiator song is the same like the one included in the B-side. Even a bit longer. I got a hint why it was unreleased til yet- it's nice but nothing really special.

The deluxe package seems to be out of stock actually, you can grab a copy over here if you wish:

http://www.a-musik.com/cart/catalog.php?flt%5Bphrase%5D=eraserhead&am_id=d3f6194cf9375bba9e9db261ca9accae&send.x=0&send.y=0&do=search

Looks like they are pressing another 1000 of the LP due to demand.

Very tempted by this... Anyone who already has it know what options you get for the download?

Already got numorous versions of the film and soundtrack, but the packeging looks lovely, and very interested in the new bonus track.

Looks like they are pressing another 1000 of the LP due to demand.

Very tempted by this... Anyone who already has it know what options you get for the download?

Already got numorous versions of the film and soundtrack, but the packeging looks lovely, and very interested in the new bonus track.

Cover artwork and the four tracks offered on the wax as well. You get the full package digitally, in 320kbps.

have cancelled my preorder with Sacred Bones directly.

I sent them an email asking about packaging, and they hadn't replied. I noticed that they had, however, been actively tweeting.

So I gave them 3 days. And still no reply.

When I tweeted them asking them to please respond to my email from 07/08/2012, else I will cancel my preorder, they asked me to resend the email (even though I had sent it to both of their contact addresses. When I made them aware that I had sent to both addresses, the response I got was "as you can imagine there are a lot of inquiries. Please resend."

If they can't be arsed to sort their emails by date, and look for an email that was sent, then I can't be arsed supporting them directly.

have cancelled my preorder with Sacred Bones directly.

I sent them an email asking about packaging, and they hadn't replied. I noticed that they had, however, been actively tweeting.

So I gave them 3 days. And still no reply.

When I tweeted them asking them to please respond to my email from 07/08/2012, else I will cancel my preorder, they asked me to resend the email (even though I had sent it to both of their contact addresses. When I made them aware that I had sent to both addresses, the response I got was "as you can imagine there are a lot of inquiries. Please resend."

If they can't be arsed to sort their emails by date, and look for an email that was sent, then I can't be arsed supporting them directly.

Awww, that's hard. So you have passed this release? They have also repressed it actually. Maybe you shoul look anywhere else to get the LP if you still want a copy.

I'm also thinking to get it. I have the first vinyl pressing of it and normally it's enough but the artwork and package is really deluxe this time. Hmmmm………

Archived