IGNORED

The News

luke viia

EZ guys, I'm wondering what source you use to get your news. There's been a lack of a consistently reliable source of news in my life, but I recently discovered ProPublica.org, and these people have amazing investigative articles.

So who do you trust to tell you what's happening in the world?

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/63904-what-is-your-source-for-news/

I've become addicted to Al Jazeera in the past few days. I recommend Reuters and BBC World News as well. Can't stand America's cable news, especially during election year (which seems to start 2 years before election day).

RSS feeds for:

BBC

Telegraph

Economist

Huff Post

Guardian

Al Jazeera

Dead Tree:

I often buy Private Eye and usually pick up The Guardian or The Telegraph 2 or 3 times a fortnight.

My parents have The Telegraph delivered and I read that cover to cover every time I'm home.

Might consider getting a paper everyday at some point deliveried or at least the Sunday paper, thats one thing I miss spending hours reading at home.

Oh yeah,

I also want to set up with my DVB-T capture card & VLC a like multiviewer with feeds for all the 24 hours news channels that I can have running all the time in the background, that would be cool.

vlc-mosaic.jpg

some good choices in here, keep em coming.

When it comes to reddit, does it just work like a metafilter of whatever news stories the other reddit readers find interesting, and comment on? Because comments are by far the worst part about the news.

yeah, I dig on some subreddits... the ones to do with dinosaurs and skweee, mostly. Think I'll stay away from the groupthink newslinks, and thanks for the explanation. I should probably just set myself up with a decent RSS feed...

that propublica.org site is still amazing, btw. It is fairly US-centric, but if you're in the states, I really recommend it

Archived