IGNORED

Bummer Wolves

BCM

I think the arrangement is much weaker than the sound palette here... I started off liking this from the outset but then there were many times where i just kind of zoned out - so i'd skip back a bit and try again but there were lots of passages that seemed long and meandering without going anywhere.

decent production though

did you guys hear my previous track posted a week or so ago (called Grout Van). I can never understand people... clearly I thought this was an improvement and a more polished version of that (which attracted quite a few favourable responses) and this one, (which is a more finished product as it were) gets what seems to be a generally negative response and hardly any views/plays, compared to the "draft" version...I tell you, I ain't listening any more. I'm going back to playing the banjo, fuck you lot.

yeah that was the one...thought this one was better personally, but it's all swings and roundabouts innit. ah well, thanks for listening and your comments anyway. right, where's that banjo...

I supremely dig it, BCM.

Don't change a fucking note.

You will never make a piece of music that pleases everyone. Some will say "it's too long and meandering" while others will say "it's underdeveloped" or whatever.

For evidence of this simply watch Malcolm Gladwell's TED Talk about spaghetti sauce and then you'll never fret about people's criticisms ever again in your entire life:

Cheers.

-LL

Why the fuck do you care what people say and shit?

That kinda destroys the whole idea of this forum.

Anyway, I like it, but like Jonas said, I'm sure you can tighten it up a bit. Also, I wish the drums were a bit more punchy - but I like punchy stuff.

thanks guys! 4d0lf is right though, I tend to make the best tunes when I'm just doing my own thing and not really bothering with trying to get it "just right" and all that shit. on further reflection, I do actually agree with the negative comments somewhat in that I think this track lacks the "soul" of the one before it (grout van/thread titled slenhousemuir). it may be technically a bit more polished, and it's got more stuff in it - more layers, but it seems that kind of attention to detail often detracts from the heart and soul of the music (in my case anyway). so yeah, I realise I'm better off not trying too hard lol... anyway, I'm back fiddling with my MFB again now - these tunes were just a little dalliance from my main project. the negative comments actually encouraged me to go back to the MFB stuff... but I'm very glad at least a few of you liked this one! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EleminoP

The synth lines/sounds work very well together. The bass drum sounds a little bit too loud on my speakers at least. Love the light pad swells.

thanks! back to working on my MFB stuff now... just finished a wicked little wonky acid bass techno number which will be released with the other ones (the ones I ain't posted) in a matter of literally, some time.

Archived