IGNORED

Prof convicted of smuggling drugs

lumpenprol

Girl, 13, Killed on Florida School Bus

The victim was shot to death in front of her sister while riding the bus to school.

(also: http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/maryland-bus-driver-fights-student-caught-tape-17716326 BAN SCHOOL BUSES)

oh dear

also, http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/nba-cheerleader-falls-head-caught-tape-orlando-magic-17726047

what's happening in london, europe? http://abcnews.go.com/International/video/teenage-girl-knocked-unconscious-unprovoked-attacked-london-17771438

sorry i dont normally watch news and got excited

Guest cult fiction

My economics professor in Alaska was busted for smuggling alcohol and pot into dry villages in what the local paper described as a "statewide commercial drug enterprise".

He was replaced in the middle of the semester with a dramatically worse professor, who made everyone purchase a new book.

Frankly I can't imagine a better economics professor than a drug dealer.

My economics professor in Alaska was busted for smuggling alcohol and pot into dry villages in what the local paper described as a "statewide commercial drug enterprise".

He was replaced in the middle of the semester with a dramatically worse professor, who made everyone purchase a new book.

Frankly I can't imagine a better economics professor than a drug dealer.

Classic.

Doesn't surprise me that that sort of activity would happen in the Bush (a.k.a. rural Alaska). It's harder to enforce anti-substance abuse laws out in such sparsely populated areas, though it's not uncommon for the State Troopers to patrol these areas.

As for the villages, drinking is a problem especially in the winter, since it's cold and dark and people get depressed. Suicides by teenagers are problematic too. And the one such place Sweepstakes is referring to is Kotzebue, along the coast of the Chukchi Sea in the northwest.

Whenever I go to Alaska in the summer I think of 90s Squarepusher, especially Big Loada. Something about the odd urbanity of Anchorage alongside the stunning natural features. Always makes me think happy thoughts of 90s drum machines pummeling yellowed 12-bit samplers with rapid fire notes. I also think Squarepusher made the best mountain driving music of all time.

Whenever I go to Alaska in the summer I think of 90s Squarepusher, especially Big Loada. Something about the odd urbanity of Anchorage alongside the stunning natural features. Always makes me think happy thoughts of 90s drum machines pummeling yellowed 12-bit samplers with rapid fire notes. I also think Squarepusher made the best mountain driving music of all time.

Big Loada...damn, the memories...

exactly my thought. Especially if dude really asked "what about sniffer dogs?"...would mean he knew what was going on, but was still hoping against hope that he might get laid at the end of it all. Talk about "cognitive dissonance"...

Archived