IGNORED

School Shooting in Connecticut

vamos scorcho

It should be pretty clear that he didn't spontaneously lash out. And so all his attempts at rationalization are pretty goofy.

I think he just wanted revenge for the way he was treated by his classmates.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh come the fuck on chimpanzees do not socialize in anything like the same way humans do. To insinuate that they do is an insult to chimpanzees. Jane Goodall's opinion on Travis: http://articles.latimes.com/2009/feb/25/opinion/oe-goodall25

To compare what the chimpanzee did to the acts of a mass murderer is something I would characterize as delusional.

The point is not about him being right or wrong, imo. It's more about him being able to articulate a different point of view in the way he did.

Apart from the, imo, superficialities of sounding like a robot and what not. He showed he could tell a story with an interesting point of view and with a sense of emotional awareness which I wouldnt expect from someone who is labelled as assburgers. (Also note that assburgers doesnt explain mass shooters. It might even be the opposite: if he would be assburgers indeed, he wouldnt have become a mass shooter. ...wasnt this already mentioned in this thread?)

What makes it more interesting is those pictures of his room and those stories how he was basically locked away from the outside world. Either from his own will, or forced even perhaps. In the media the frame is that it's from his own will, but if you take another frame, the entire story can shift into another direction quite easily. And who am I, or who is the media, to make assumptions about any of it?

I didn't think he was asperger's from that interview - he sounded quite articulate.

I simply wanted to point out that the comparison between chimps and mass shooters is not a valid one, nor is the call interesting for that reason. Plenty of people articulate different POV without committing mass murder.

I'm actually wondering whether or not to bite the bait and stick my head into the french guillotine.

Studies could be written about the phenomenon of Lanza. But the obvious interest is this phonecall giving a rare glimpse into the mind of someone who'd do that atrocious thing later on.

And I believe it doesn't make any sense to label a comparison as invalid when the comparison was obviously very subjective and non-factual. It's like debating about facts when talking about someones emotions.

I'm actually wondering whether or not to bite the bait and stick my head into the french guillotine.

Studies could be written about the phenomenon of Lanza. But the obvious interest is this phonecall giving a rare glimpse into the mind of someone who'd do that atrocious thing later on.

And I believe it doesn't make any sense to label a comparison as invalid when the comparison was obviously very subjective and non-factual. It's like debating about facts when talking about someones emotions.

I think the comparison is rendered invalid because Travis just spontaneously freaked out, whereas Lanza obviously had this stuff on his mind for at least a year.

Although I believe he's completely responsible for his actions, I think stuff like this could be mitigated by teaching kids how to cope with stress and how to deal with bullying, and of course for schools to actually deal with the bullying problem themselves.

When I was in high school bullying was pretty evil and the teachers saw it and did nothing. I know some kids who got scarred for life from being tormented daily.

It's interesting cause he could make up some rational sounding bullshit?

Fuck, half of WATMM could qualify for that then.

You haven't taken your daily dose of coffee. Or did someone take a piss and forced you to drink it?

Not one of watmm qualifies for having done what Lanza did.

this was probably already linked (i am lazy) but here's the police report of stuff on his computers:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/187078743/A211-Yogananda-Digital-Evidence-Report

guy liked his hamsters

also apparently wrote a short story called "babies" where he is attacked by...babies

and a script for something called "lovebound" which is a love story between a 10 year old boy and 30 year old man

It's all in the statistics.

But I believe there were several papers about suicide being contagious. If true,it's not unlikely the same would hold for these shootings.

It's all in the statistics.

But I believe there were several papers about suicide being contagious. If true,it's not unlikely the same would hold for these shootings.

That's true that suicide seems to be contagious when it's reported in the papers. Except (apparently) when the unsavory details about the suicide are reported.

So yeah I think it's a partly a matter of these things being presented as attractive or unattractive.

Archived