IGNORED

storm thorgerson r.i.p.

Guest zaphod

I just googled his name and the results are overwhelming: the cultural zeitgeist that is Pink Floyd is so very much anchored in this man's work. I knew he did Dark Side of the Moon but holy fuck he really shape their iconic imagery. To put it in another perspective - his work will literally adorn millions of walls of angsty teens, baby boomers, stoners, and college freshman probably forever. True talent. I even like his infamously "bad" Cranberries and Mars Volta covers. RIP indeed. Off to the Great Gig In The Sky...

Guest Ron Manager

I love his Mars Volta covers. De-loused and Frances the Mute are great. Also interesting are some of his rejected ones:

Jigsaw-R11_1387505i.jpg

rejected Frances the Mute

NSFW rejected Amputechture #1

tumblr_l53ywvgYmL1qzdvd4o1_500.jpg

rejected Amputechture #2. apparently he did 8 versions, all of which the band didn't like, then just opted for Jeff Jordan without even telling Storm why...

Great artist. RIP.

I love his Mars Volta covers. De-loused and Frances the Mute are great. Also interesting are some of his rejected ones:

Jigsaw-R11_1387505i.jpg

rejected Amputechture #2. apparently he did 8 versions, all of which the band didn't like, then just opted for Jeff Jordan without even telling Storm why...

Great artist. RIP.

Nice! Those are all great.

Really great stuff throughout this man's career. RIP.

Jigsaw-R11_1387505i.jpg

Great artist. RIP.

Nice! Those are all great.

Really great stuff throughout this man's career. RIP.

Yeah these are really cool, and yeah Frances The Mute is one of my favorites.

Archived