IGNORED

Pye Corner Audio - Conical Space

this guy is going to burn himself out if he keeps panabriting releases at this rate (although i'm not sure when he's making all this stuff). with that said i'm really hoping the upcoming black mill tapes is brain meltingly dark synth music

• 3 weeks later...

Sleep Dreams wasn't bad, becomes a bit repetitive though, the boomkat edition and latest 7" also not mad on.

The black mills tapes 1, 2 and 3 are my favourite. hopefully the 4th part fits in well with these.

Yeah, Sleep 'Games'. I know. Gotta stop posting on my phone while I'm working. I agree that Black Mills Tapes series is the best output. He also did some work under the name "House in the Woods" on a split with Coppice Halifax. I might like that shit the most actually.

http://www.discogs.com/House-In-The-Woods-Coppice-Halifax-The-Deep-Tapes/release/2355716

Wish I could hear a clip of this new release of his.. I already bought it, but I'd still like to get a clue what it will be like.

Did anyone else think Sleep Dreams was disappointing? I might try it again, but I really wasn't feeling that one when it came out

i didn't think it was disappointing, actually i think it was some of his best work so far. the thing about pye corner audio is that his work all sounds muffled- as though he records it then holds a pillow over the speaker so it comes off as sounding like you're getting a 4th generation audio copy.

sometimes it works (like in the song 'recrypt' from black mill tapes vol.2) but on something like 'theme number eight' (from black mill tapes vol.3) it sort of blends into the background and sounds a little too similar to the other shorter themes.

I thought Sleep Games was a great album, in fact I don't think he's really put a food wrong so far. I want my head looking at though, per-ordered Conical Space and stumped up £20+. Probably should've shopped about a bit more.

Just got the Boomkat weekly download mail, and surprised to see this on there- I thought this wouldn't be available digitally, happy to see it is though!

Right off to download now...

... this really is rather nice- the 12 minute Conical Space track itself is especially wonderful, distinctly still Pye Corner Audio but bringing some new elements to his sound.

Archived