IGNORED

looking for old sample libraries

th555

What do you think these guys used?

Percussion as well. Thoughts? I really can't find much on obsolete software, but I'd love a 200 mb full-featured orchestral vsti.

I really can't find much on obsolete software, but I'd love a 200 mb full-featured orchestral vsti.

Possibly (and this is only a guess) just some General Midi synth/sound module. You'd be able to get close by using this VSTi - http://www.cakewalk.com/Download/sfz.aspx and then using these soundfonts (I've just tried one link and they still seem to be active): http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1200140/

Downloading three of those now, brass & woodwinds sounds good. Wish I had a more sophisticated sf sequencer than FL though.

With some layering it'll be alright though.

Guest Frankie5fingers

i need to go play Roller Coaster Tycoon again. lol

This is great. ive been looking for this kinda stuff as well. thanks mcbpete.

i'd love to get a hold of some of the sample libraries that Angelo Baladamenti used on Twin Peaks and Nightmare on Elm St. Also Mark SNow's X-files music has great '90's' sampler sounds, as does Brad Fiedel's Terminator 2 score. The music for Mortal Kombat 2 and 3 uses great cheesy 90s sampler sounds as well. Where the fuck does one find these? I assume they are old EMU, Kurzweil or Akai sampler banks that came stock on these keyboards back in the day, but identifying them doesn't seem to be information easy to find on the net. I bet in 5 years or so there will be a huge resurgence and appreciation for these types of sound libraries it will coincide with the 16-bit video game retrofetishism era.

i'd love to get a hold of some of the sample libraries that Angelo Baladamenti used on Twin Peaks and Nightmare on Elm St. Also Mark SNow's X-files music has great '90's' sampler sounds, as does Brad Fiedel's Terminator 2 score. The music for Mortal Kombat 2 and 3 uses great cheesy 90s sampler sounds as well. Where the fuck does one find these? I assume they are old EMU, Kurzweil or Akai sampler banks that came stock on these keyboards back in the day, but identifying them doesn't seem to be information easy to find on the net. I bet in 5 years or so there will be a huge resurgence and appreciation for these types of sound libraries it will coincide with the 16-bit video game retrofetishism era.

Where the fuck does one find these?

That's my problem as well. The soundfonts mentioned are a good start but they're basically a lot of random sources thrown together.

That's what I'm talking about, iococoi. Squidfont orchestral is just what I need, and I'll definitely check the other ones as well. Roland Orchestral Rhythm is the one I was talking about that I already have.

Archived