IGNORED

Doepfer Dark Energy and Renoise

quire

Seems reasonable that you could midi trigger a DE with Renoise as the sequencer. Would I need any other interfaces except a midi out cable from my soundcard? Anyone have any experience or tips?

Yeah, I used to sequence DE through the USB from Renoise but it caused some interference in the audio signal coming out of DE so I switched to MIDI. I guess the problem might be in the EM shielding inside DE?

Yeah, I used to sequence DE through the USB from Renoise but it caused some interference in the audio signal coming out of DE so I switched to MIDI. I guess the problem might be in the EM shielding inside DE?

hmm..not a great recommendation. Though USB is very noisey. The Arturia Minibrute looks comparable too. Can't see many any other devices that are comparable though.

hmm..not a great recommendation. Though USB is very noisey. The Arturia Minibrute looks comparable too. Can't see many any other devices that are comparable though.

Well, DE works very well when I use it over MIDI, so I'd probably just buy a cheapo MIDI-USB interface if I had problems with interference. Now I have a MIDI-controller that works as an interface.

Also I have the old model. Don't know if things are different with the new one.

if you had a soundcard with multiple outputs you could do it all via CV signals, with something like expert sleepers silent way or Motu volta. That's the way i'd probably do it, when you have this many CV ins in an analog synth sometimes it's easier and just more intuitive get more expressive good sounds out of it VS midi sequencing.

I have used Silent Way with my laptop and can recommend it too. You should be aware that it doesn't work with every device though, IIRC you need a DC-coupled line out, as opposed to AC-coupled.

But wouldn't a midi-to-cv box be a more logical choice?

The problem with MIDI->CV is that MIDI parameters have only 7 bits that gives you only 128 possible values. This causes audible steps between the values when you try to control f.e. filter frequency. A slew limiter could be one solution to this problem.

Archived