IGNORED

nasty dubstep/grime basses

Guest idrn

Guest Idiron McGriff

how can i make/where do i get some dirty, seedy dubstep warblers? fat fucking seedy bass growlers?

:mcgriff:

yes distorted sine. but you gotta distort it the right way. the best "wormhole" bass sounds i've managed were made out of a feedback loop through an old discrete parametric EQ.

sounded reeeeeaaally good.

aight, it pisses me a little off when everybody just yells, sawtooth and distortion, bahhhh...

most d'n'b produced this days is not liek that!!!

i mean, i´ve tried, those sine /square waves distorted and detuned, but that´s not only that, tehre´s a big synthesis info u guys are missing, wich one? i dunno, but itz not simple as that!!!

pendulum / noisia/ are 2 good examples of fat good basslines wich i don´t believe are simple distorted sine waves...

btw, i would liek one of u to post a sample of a distorted sine/square wave so that i might ear what it sounds liek... please!

AND ONLY GOD KNOWS HOW MUCH I WANTED IT TO BE THAT SIMPLE!!!

fez chill the fuck out...

nosia and pendulum are not dubstep grime...

and dnb bass can be tricky..

vex'd for instance just uses lots of sine waves with various types distortion.

if you really want solid information about how to make dnb basslines why not go to dogsonacid.com and go to the grid forum, this is a terrible place to ask about dnb. infact there is some 32 step guide that shows you there how to make pendulum type basses with a v-station and kontakt

here is my blag on dnb basses: distorted detuned saw/square waves with lots of resampling. If you want the raw sub bass your prolly gonna layer with a sine wave and high pass/low pass them from eachother

I've upped a rarred renoise song with all the reaktor grobian presets as rendered samples in it, check it for some cool ass bass:

http://sisforawesome.com/upload/files/25/basspluggrobian.rar

did u bought it, electronic instruments vol 1???

here is my blag on dnb basses: distorted detuned saw/square waves with lots of resampling. If you want the raw sub bass your prolly gonna layer with a sine wave and high pass/low pass them from eachother

mmmmm, interesting!!!

could u explain a little better that "pass/low pass them from each other", i think i understand, just don´t know how to do it...

like have the sine wave with lowpass from 0-60 hz, the other synth from 60 on up

you could also technically side chain them to eachother

like have the sine wave with lowpass from 0-60 hz, the other synth from 60 on up

you could also technically side chain them to eachother

mmm, i tought u meant each oscilator with diferent low passes, and then make the synth alternate them between each other...

but ok, 2 synths, i´ll give it a shot, thx!!!

hmm low pass on sine... you'll have to explain that :)

you know... sine only has the fundamental harmonic so low-passing it with frequencies below it's own will only make it quieter. and lowpass above it's frequency won't change it.

Guest Duke Remington

yeah u cant lowpass a sine, although you can use the resonance on the lpf to make it distort.. hint hint hint

Guest Duke Remington

hint: yes if youre in max msp and you have like 1 oscillator going BINWWWW but most VA synths have a special things that simulates analog saturation and it's not actually digital clipping it has a very special character.

warning - assumptions: i wasnt necessarely talking about soft synths.

yeah i know you weren't. but the inital poster probably did so i thought it was worth mentioning.

when i want to clip/distort something i usualy use tape or BBD or some analogue filter, eq, even channel gain on mixers work cool.

Im sure lowpassing a sine has uses. Say if you didn't want it to show up when played in higher frequencies! I dont know if that is what acid1 was getting at? Mabye? Especially if layering midi tircks like that are good. reminds me, I like synths which have multiple mono logic modes. You can have a polyphonic part and you want to distibute it between instruments. You can set one to highest note, one to lowest note, one to oldest/newest, etc. Anyways, thats way off topic but I encourage people to try it anyways.

Im sure lowpassing a sine has uses. Say if you didn't want it to show up when played in higher frequencies! I dont know if that is what acid1 was getting at? Mabye? Especially if layering midi tircks like that are good. reminds me, I like synths which have multiple mono logic modes. You can have a polyphonic part and you want to distibute it between instruments. You can set one to highest note, one to lowest note, one to oldest/newest, etc. Anyways, thats way off topic but I encourage people to try it anyways.

sine only has the fundamental harmonic so low-passing it with frequencies below it's own will only make it quieter. and lowpass above it's frequency won't change it.

Guest Duke Remington

808 bass drum in korg ms20 filter max resonance. brobably blew his ms20 but oh well i think he had like 4 or 5 last time i spoke to him so ... good for him :)

PPPPPPRRBBB NIP BRR BRRRRRRRRR PPPPRRRRB NIP (add pentatonic melody over top)

808 bass drum in korg ms20 filter max resonance. brobably blew his ms20 but oh well i think he had like 4 or 5 last time i spoke to him so ... good for him :)

PPPPPPRRBBB NIP BRR BRRRRRRRRR PPPPRRRRB NIP (add pentatonic melody over top)

i'm guessing you can get vst filter effects which have resonance, cut off etc? or are filters only a part of synths and samplers?

if yes, which filter vst do you recommend?

noobish question here

Archived