IGNORED

Boomkat chartz

Tauhid

http://boomkat.com/collections/boomkat-charts-2013

Because we all like to have a good laugh sometimes. Wolf Eyes at #1, Yeezus at #16, Vatican Shadow surprisingly at #84. Also never heard of these people/labels:

visionist

will bankhead

amanda brown

jon k

joane skyler

beneath

slackk

total fantasy

golden pudel

swing ting

adam harper

dj haus

annex

christ menist

night school

total freedom

Boomkat are a bit strange. Most years I end up buying one of their 'best of 20__' 14 track comps, and some of the stuff on there just beggars belief - massively generic dancefloor tracks or ultra-obscure lofi electronic doodles. Is there really someone out there who heard these and thought 'yep, track of the year right there'?

There's usually about 4 good tracks or so out of the lot, which makes it oddly a bit more frustrating.

massively generic dancefloor tracks or ultra-obscure lofi electronic doodles. Is there really someone out there who heard these and thought 'yep, track of the year right there'?

Regarding "ultra-obscure lofi electronic doodles", yeah there are plenty of pretentious people out there who love that stuff.

Regarding that RP Boo record, the last line of their review says "Ask us: we'll tell you this is the best original Footwork LP by a mile, and a pivotal moment in the history of electronic music."

Guest jasondonervan

Many years ago, I used to follow the boomklart charts religiously, often hoovering up whatever I had missed through a particular year as the folks selected to make charts really had their finger on the pulse for fine music. It isn't so much about not recognising half the stuff on there, but isn't having so many charts a bit overkill? What was wrong with having a handful of charts from well regarded music makers instead of all the peripheral fluff of a bunch of folks I've never heard of trying to outdo each other with ever more obscure 12"s that 10 people picked up back in February?

One nice bit of consistency can be found in Zomby's chart - still nominating himself, I see... dat ego :cat:

Oh, and no Exai = no comprende :wang:

Many years ago, I used to follow the boomklart charts religiously, often hoovering up whatever I had missed through a particular year as the folks selected to make charts really had their finger on the pulse for fine music. It isn't so much about not recognising half the stuff on there, but isn't having so many charts a bit overkill? What was wrong with having a handful of charts from well regarded music makers instead of all the peripheral fluff of a bunch of folks I've never heard of trying to outdo each other with ever more obscure 12"s that 10 people picked up back in February?

One nice bit of consistency can be found in Zomby's chart - still nominating himself, I see... dat ego :cat:

Yeah it's not very genuine. I just look at them these days out of curiosity and to make fun of them haha. There's always a few artist charts that I'm interested in though, i.e Erik Skodvin, Lawrence English.

One or two years ago, Bvdub put both of his albums on his list...

You just need to read their reviews on the music they stock. Then its pretty obvious these guys are either 1) taking the piss or, 2) a bunch of cunts. Or 3) both.

Assuming it's more of #2 than #1.

Archived