IGNORED

Trancendence

may be rude

this was great! was hoping for just a decent treatment of the subject, turned out to be an awesome sci-fi movie. the trailer only gets into the first hour, the second hour is crazy. it was really well done, imo, great directing debut from nolan's cinematographer. fans of nolan will like it i think.

Guest Milkweg

Good to hear positive feedback about this. My expectations are pretty low for this one so I'll probably end up enjoying it quite a bit.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

"A decade late and a dongle short."

"The strangest thing about Paglen's script is how out of step it feels with modern technology - it could have been lingering in a drawer since the mid-'90s, so outmoded is its tone."

"Unfortunately, this excellent set-up is squandered in a miasma of truly, frustratingly obtuse plot holes and ludicrous gaps in logic."

"Transcendence borrows ideas from so many sci-fi sources it turns into a messy cinematic stew that fails to deliver its own unique flavor.
"

""Transcendence" is a moronic stew of competing impulses - bad science meets bad sociology meets bad theology"

"The only part of [Depp] still genuinely dynamic is his hair. I'm worried."

I will probably watch this

"A decade late and a dongle short."

"The strangest thing about Paglen's script is how out of step it feels with modern technology - it could have been lingering in a drawer since the mid-'90s, so outmoded is its tone."

"Unfortunately, this excellent set-up is squandered in a miasma of truly, frustratingly obtuse plot holes and ludicrous gaps in logic."

"Transcendence borrows ideas from so many sci-fi sources it turns into a messy cinematic stew that fails to deliver its own unique flavor.
"

""Transcendence" is a moronic stew of competing impulses - bad science meets bad sociology meets bad theology"

"The only part of [Depp] still genuinely dynamic is his hair. I'm worried."

I will probably watch this

bastards... the plot holes were clearly chosen deliberately to allow for the story to encompass all that it did, and they weren't too glaring. i find that some people will kind of unconsciously be hostile to things that threaten their worldview, and i think such reviews are examples of that unfortunate phenomenon. bad theology, lol. stupid pfister never encountered the correct theology.

Trance 'n' dance.

heh. misspelled the subject, should've been transcendence. if a mod would fix it that would be cool, so people don't think this thread is about a 90s trance compilation cd series or something

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

looks pretty good, i'll make sure i catch it. nice to see Paul Bethany in a main role again.

yeah he was robbed of an oscar nom for wimbledon

i guess the movie is so polarizing (an attribute that is often a sign of good art) because a lot of people don't buy the premise that you can reverse engineer human consciousness. if you buy it, the idea of the movie is awesome, and it's executed in a pretty cool way. kind of slightly hokey, but it's not trying to be 2001. movies like tremors have their place, not that this movie is like tremors, maybe slightly but actually it has a lot of really smart aspects to it imo.

Archived