IGNORED

8th MOST IDM Tournament - Final Four!

Root5

Elite Eight  

77 members have voted

1. 1. 1

• Mycorrhizae (massive underground fungal internets weighing in at about 1.5 tons per human)
    • Robots reverting to agrarian society after human extinction
  2. 2. 2

• Caves
    • Broken GIFs

Yeah, people who voted for caves should seriously consider deleting their votes. I bet it's primarily lurkers who never post in threads but vote in every poll + Goiter and Squee. Goddamn cave dwellers takin' over my internets!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

caves are so fucking boring omg and they dont even have any technology in them

I mean if we're legitimately talking IDM here, broken GIFs are something that happen when technology for doing things breaks, which is then turned into an art form in it of itself and even becomes a craft, which pretty much forms the base of IDM only with audio instead of visual technology. In terms of definitions, broken GIFs are way more IDM than caves. Caves are cool, yeah, but not IDM. Caves are ambient, like astronomy and nature.

Maybe you've never been caving. I went caving in Thailand and there were cave spiders with glowing eyes the size of my head with backwards looking front legs that they use to fish bugs and small critters out of the water. Also crystal formations and shit are IDM.

fucking IDM

they looked like this:

kwuFNDU.png

cave raves would be pretty IDM.

But I think you guys are confusing actually cool things to things that are cool to kids who sit in front of a computer screen in their basement trying to make music with broken children's toys. Like, both of the winning entries could win any "wow science" competition.

Archived