IGNORED

wrote this track in a mood of complete abandon

Jaffa

i cant mix down, im staying at peoples houses, shit techno speakers, no bass, i have no dynamics, no levels, you like it? where its going? tell me? i like the melody, its not finished sorry...but flow? its like a slow moving house number, tell me...like the melody?

another track to follow if anyone cares.......i will see, i know things around here move at a snail pace..accepted;-) love

Guest vodor

I didn't really like the melody and it felt unengaging overall. Your proper equipment might help, but I don't think that alone can save it.

Guest vodor

All the stuff you said you lacked in the original post. As I understood it, you made the track without your usual gear.

I like the second one better. Once the beat gets hard and the grit comes in, it's very groovy, nice industrial vibe. I like the ambient melody too. I'm not sure about the bass that comes in later though; it doesn't sit well with me.

Guest vodor

I can't find my own face sometimes.

Glad someone remembers me! I've started up again just recently because I got a job and need something to do when I get bored. I also intend to get back into making music more, but I have shit for free time.

God dammit. Why does the all of the music on here sound like it was wispered out of the throat of an angel. And no, this is not meant to be a compliment. Get a range of sounds bbeeoothch. Oh wait here comes the bass. Well fuck Im wearing shitty earbuds. This tracks pretty good, but theres still that damn angel that needs to be shot down.

Guest Josef
God dammit. Why does the all of the music on here sound like it was wispered out of the throat of an angel. And no, this is not meant to be a compliment. Get a range of sounds bbeeoothch. Oh wait here comes the bass. Well fuck Im wearing shitty earbuds. This tracks pretty good, but theres still that damn angel that needs to be shot down.
what does an angel sound like? i've never heard one.

i'd be interested to know what you mean..

Hafler Trio - Sam-Dhana innit :ok:

Really not a fan of these tracks. Sorry man, it sounds like it was made back in the early 90's with no real progression on either track. I agree that the second one is better but the tracks certainly aren't keepers on my hard-disk. Sorry bub :ermm:

Guest Promo

Maybe needs a Larry Heard 'Washing Machine' style bassline. I quite like the harmonies myself on 'Taklore'. I like it when the beat drops back in at around 3mins; that felt pretty funky. Yeah its developing quite nicely after about 3mins. I'm liking the vibe quite a bit I have to admit. Yeah you could build on it and add more layers as it wouldn't harm the track. Beat was nice and crisp. Bassline wasn't too bad in the end but maybe a mc202 squelchy style bassline would have made for a nice third layer on top of it. Yeah nice vibe Jaffa, from the comments here I was expecting not to really dig this. Definitely got potential. Yeah there are perhaps a few extra elements you could add. I'd say its a keeper as the vibe, style and notation was definitely my bag. I actually prefer this track to a lot of your other tracks as I find the harmonies positive, upfront and straight to the point. Not necessarily perfect but certainly enjoyable.

My sister came in the room and she reckons its nice. Says it has a BOC style feel to it with the white noise effect on the main harmonies. She says she thinks 'its good and that you've done well'. :cool:

The glistening Ulrich shnass campfire headphase highpassed reverbed atonal noisey SAW volume1 pad sounds. Personally hate it for the most part in music unless something else about the song makes up for it.

The first track is nice.....I like the mellow/thick synths.....they are wonderful.....a great track to relax to.....nice

The second track is reminiscent of Amber-era Autechre.....I really like it.....The beats are harsh, but with a touch of restraint so that they aren't to over the top.....the synths are beautiful

wonderful tracks Jaffa.....I look forward to your upcoming releases.....

Guest yan_g of course!

LOL

Guest yan_g of course!
last tune i wrote this week, unifinished. still i like it, you?

IRAIL :

the intro is quite boring to me, but @ 1:30 the way the other sounds enter is just perfect. just change that snare sound 1 or 2 bars after for a shorter one with more treble and it kills me! nice pads (basic but they work) - still that annoying snare (well matter of taste innit)

3:05 finding it too repetitive.

dunno if that helps!

if THAT is the sound of abandoned... let me get there.

the clap is like the clock on the wall counting. the kickdrum in front and the hihats make a good partnership. i also like the dark synth coming. the repetition is not annoying me, it tells something, just like that clap going.

its extremely dark and that what i like about it very much. perhaps one could set the percussions/drums a little lower. the strings and synths are gigantic... they deserve to dominate a little more. everything else about this setup is a pure beauty.

Thanks everyone, yeah ive added alot more to this one, im fond of the melody, the "paisleys wave" one, im touching it up and ive made the rhythms more dynamic and beefed up the string arrangements, sounds alot better, i'll upload it soon.

The pads are good (angels throats are nice ;)

The drums so far, I could do without. More come in though and I'm pleasantly satisfied. Even though elements of the drums are a little static, it works out pretty well with the other things you have going on. Not much in the deparment of melodies though.

Not the best I've heard from you, but alright nonetheless.

yeah, would like to hear the update :D

Guest yan_g of course!
Thanks everyone, yeah ive added alot more to this one, im fond of the melody, the "paisleys wave" one, im touching it up and ive made the rhythms more dynamic and beefed up the string arrangements, sounds alot better, i'll upload it soon.

coool

Archived