IGNORED

Life in Reverse

Guest AlexPallas

the whole time i was listening i was wondering how you were going to tie the track together. the vocals were a good closure but i wish you would have brought back the drums at the end for a final few bars adding another 15 seconds or so onto the track. very good, keep up the good work.

this is what new squarepusher would sound like if he kept doing the jazz influence thing and perhaps put more fun into his tracks

not ripping on squarepusher, he's amazing, but this track is amazing as well.. jazzish drill jazz. how do you write your beats? sequenced by hand? maybe we can discus that some time

a lot of fun anyways and super slick. RSPKT

Guest mushroom

Could've done without the James Brown sample and phasing. You can produce like a motherfucker, though.

That was rediculously good sounding. I suggest doing some really odd things not expected (up to interpretation). I would enjoy it more. But jesus man, this kind of shit blows me away. Keep it up I guess.

this is what new squarepusher would sound like if he kept doing the jazz influence thing and perhaps put more fun into his tracks

not ripping on squarepusher, he's amazing, but this track is amazing as well.. jazzish drill jazz. how do you write your beats? sequenced by hand? maybe we can discus that some time

a lot of fun anyways and super slick. RSPKT

Go Plastic is Squarepusher at his funnest. There are some moments on that album that are pretty mind blowing in the programming department. I like it when he just goes apeshit with the drilled up beats and plays around with the stereo space.

I sequence my beats in Acid for the most part. Sometimes I use reason for its effects, then export the beat into Acid to rip it apart from there. And yeah, it's pretty much go-edit-happy from bar to bar. I usually try to get the other instruments tight with the drums too, so if the drums go into some crazy triplet section, the music follows it. I love having that control over the music. I don't think I'd ever have the patience to get a band playing all the parts that tight, so making drill 'n' bass music is a happy alternative.

And yeah, if you want to get together and go over music stuff at some point, that would be cool. I'd be curious to see how you go about your music as well. Maybe we can have a software exchange. I feel a bit limitted with what I've got at the moment.

And to everyone else: thanks for listening!

I might end up elaborating on this one, since so many people want a bigger climax of some sort. I do want it to be one of the blow-everyone-away stand out tracks, so if several people think it could be more impactful, I might just have go back and add a little something extra towards the end, though it's going to be pretty cluttered...maybe I'll just have it continue from where it currently ends and have it go into total chaos.

:excl:

Amazing...

You should record the piano piece on a real piano though, because it's obvious it's a MIDI-keyboard, but I love it anyways!

Amazing...

You should record the piano piece on a real piano though, because it's obvious it's a MIDI-keyboard, but I love it anyways!

Maybe if I could play piano at greater than a grade two level, hehe... I programmed the piano in Reason and tweaked it lots. Glad you liked it!

"I might end up elaborating on this one, since so many people want a bigger climax of some sort. "

yeah, at least add a rinsin amen section. :)

Let's not get carried away now :smiling: I still don't know for sure if I'm going to go back and change things. I am pretty happy with it as is. But there's always room for more happiness, so... give me a week.

Amazing...

Maybe if I could play piano at greater than a grade two level, hehe... I programmed the piano in Reason and tweaked it lots. Glad you liked it!

You know what makes a midi piano sounds more real? I know it sounds kinda strange, but if you pitch it with some effects then sometimes they actually turn out to sound a lot better. Me and my friend once did that and it ended up sounding like an un-tuned piano from a cowboy movie...

You know what makes a midi piano sounds more real? I know it sounds kinda strange, but if you pitch it with some effects then sometimes they actually turn out to sound a lot better. Me and my friend once did that and it ended up sounding like an un-tuned piano from a cowboy movie...

Haha, that is a good idea. I would be curious to hear how that sounds. I could also humanize it slightly... but I kind of like the cold precission in a track like this.

Obviously an extremely well put together track, both programming wise and production quality wise. I liked the jazzy pads and general vibe of this track, but have to say that I'm not that into the whole drill n bass sound any more - just a bit too hectic for me at the moment I think.....

Anyway, never mind what I think - it's a good track mate!

Safe.

file never opened

wouldn't play on my mac g4 powerbook :dizzy: :confused: :unhappy:

That sucks :huh: It opens fine on my friend's Mac, also a g4, but not a powerbook. Hmmm. I know nothing about macs, so I don't know what to suggest.

Thanks for the kind words, BCM. I'm drawn to the hectic beats because they're just so damn fun to program. I know people who get really panicky when they hear it though, hehe.

Guest test pattern

werks on my powerbook...

this tune is the jam....i really enjoy when you make a cut on everything n it 'skips' like 2 or 3 times...sounds ace.....only things i suggest are:

the drums could use a little more dynamics (they always sounds way in my face)

when the bass 1st kicked in seemed that something in the mix was spread super wide in the mix (not sure what though) and it kinda gave the track a discordant feel until other elements popped in...

the vox end was cool, but i think they should be more padlike than melodylike

still those are very minor things...this track bangs...

Guest dorian concept

yoi, ..

I agree with test pattern about make-ing the drums abit more dynamic

but besides that .. mad tune ...

some great ideas jam-packed into it

Archived