IGNORED

Kanga Sound Editor

Guest fiznuthian

Guest fiznuthian

http://www.kangasound.com/

[youtubehd]5ThzEZNCmcE[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]PGQ5Ea5FlRw[/youtubehd]

I don't even have the words to describe the oddity that is this.. thing.
I love the guy's idea but the GUI is a nightmare. His website is :ohmy:

But there's still a part of me that sees the good in all of it.. can someone please make a Kanga sample pack?

I have to admit I like the song he made here too:

[youtubehd]kk07kN22lkQ[/youtubehd]

Guest fiznuthian

i've watched his videos 10 times already and i still haven't a fucking clue what he is doing to compose music in it.

is this the ulililia of audio software?

Guest fiznuthian

Loving the choice of default media player and visualisation in his tutorials :lol:

yeah that had me laughing so fucking hard.

he says: "now we need to hit compute and then play to hear what it sounds like"

realplayer goes "doop" and the lamb does a dance

Guest fiznuthian

realplayer goes "doop" and the lamb does a dance

I DO TAKE OFFENSE. FOR SOME REASON.

:beer:

tl;dr but from what I gather you need to know like EXACTLY academically what you're doing with the music? If so eww it sounds like the anti-modular basically

something like this

474yk2y.jpg

Kangas-Sound-Editor_1.png

Guest paulnorthyorks

Hi,

I am the creator of KangaSound/Kangas Sound Editor, and I have read your comments with interest.

I have a few comments of my own. Firstly, the videos aren't the only way to learn how to use Kangas Sound Editor: there are online tutorial pages at: http://www.kangasound.com/tutorial/tutorial.html

The online tutorial pages are also more up to date than the videos. For example, there is now an internal audio player called WavePlayer that comes bundled with the software, and I probably would have used that if it had been there at the time the video tutorial was made (having said that, I do find the Real Player sheep visualisation quite amusing :biggrin: )

Secondly, I don't dispute that there are many other ways of creating sounds and music from scratch, as one of the posters here mentioned when talking about plugins that can create harmonics directly using the mouse. Also, I'm quite sure Kangas Sound Editor isn't "modular", as another poster mentioned. However, I think Kangasound/Kangas Sound Editor is an alternative solution for synthesizing music and sound-effects from scratch, especially if you're interested in Just Intonation (the software uses frequency ratios for pitch control).

Thirdly, I think you guys have realised there is room for improvement in both the Kangas Sound Editor software and the supporting KangaSound website. I actually agree, and have created a crowdfunding project (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/524560875/kangasound-music-and-sound-effect-synthesis-track) that would deliver improvements in both. Of course, I may well not get the funds, in which case I'll probably have to put the whole thing on the back-burner for the time being.

Paul

Guest fiznuthian

Hi,

I am the creator of KangaSound/Kangas Sound Editor, and I have read your comments with interest.

I have a few comments of my own. Firstly, the videos aren't the only way to learn how to use Kangas Sound Editor: there are online tutorial pages at: http://www.kangasound.com/tutorial/tutorial.html

The online tutorial pages are also more up to date than the videos. For example, there is now an internal audio player called WavePlayer that comes bundled with the software, and I probably would have used that if it had been there at the time the video tutorial was made (having said that, I do find the Real Player sheep visualisation quite amusing :biggrin: )

Secondly, I don't dispute that there are many other ways of creating sounds and music from scratch, as one of the posters here mentioned when talking about plugins that can create harmonics directly using the mouse. Also, I'm quite sure Kangas Sound Editor isn't "modular", as another poster mentioned. However, I think Kangasound/Kangas Sound Editor is an alternative solution for synthesizing music and sound-effects from scratch, especially if you're interested in Just Intonation (the software uses frequency ratios for pitch control).

Thirdly, I think you guys have realised there is room for improvement in both the Kangas Sound Editor software and the supporting KangaSound website. I actually agree, and have created a crowdfunding project (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/524560875/kangasound-music-and-sound-effect-synthesis-track) that would deliver improvements in both. Of course, I may well not get the funds, in which case I'll probably have to put the whole thing on the back-burner for the time being.

Paul

AHH you showed up! :w00t:

thanks for the explanation. my hands hurt so i need to get off the computer for a bit but i'll send you a proper reply!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest paulnorthyorks
Hi,

There is now a "Kangasound Jukebox Challenge" on my Kickstarter project. As part of that, I am reconstructing a well-known song that someone has suggested, using Kangas Sound Editor to do so. So far, no-one has managed to identify the original song. I was wondering whether any of you guys would be able to? Here is the link to my latest version of the song:

Paul

Guest paulnorthyorks

I was gonna say A Town Called Malice on OPL3 :D

Correct! It is A Town Called Malice. In case anyone reading this forum gets the wrong idea though, I synthesized it from scratch using Kangas Sound Editor, it isn't output from OLP3 or SoundBlaster 1.0

As you have correctly identified the song, would you like to make a suggestion (by private message to me) for the next song or piece of music for me to construct using Kangas Sound Editor? If I can, I will start working on it until someone guesses what it is or I run out of time (my Kickstarter project https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/524560875/kangasound-music-and-sound-effect-synthesis-track ends in 12 days time).

I'm guessing the references to OLP3 and SoundBlaster 1.0 were meant to imply that what I have created isn't very sophisticated. While this may be the case, the point of my Kickstarter campaign is to create something considerably better than what is there at the moment - if Kangas Sound Editor were already an established piece of music-creation software there probably wouldn't be any need for a Kickstarter campaign.

Guest paulnorthyorks

This looks weird as fuck!!!! but I seem to get the gist of it from what i've read so far. I'll give it a try!

Not sure what you mean by weird, it all looks pretty normal to me :biggrin:

I'd be interested to know how you get on with the software. If you hit any obstacles, let me know.

Archived