IGNORED

synth vsts with dedicated envelopes/lfos for each/most parameters?

Brisbot

Surge

another vote for surge. It's really nice for quick mapping an arbitrary LFO to an arbitrary parameter. I thinks NI's massive copied this idea as well.

Surge sounds neat, but if it's doing what Massive is doing, that's not what I was looking for. In minimonsta, a very good minimoog emulator, there's literally a dedicated envelope and LFO for each parameter, you can basically be lfoing an envelope for everything.. In massive, you have a number of LFOs you can assign to parameters by drag and drop, but that's not the same thing though it's useful for syncing parameters up quickly. You can only have 4 LFOs or envelopes too. I guess I'm a bit greedy.

I thought all the envelopes and lfos would be a cpu hog, but i've tested it by assigning everything, lfo into envelope, and my cpu only went up a bit, like from 7% to 9%. I was playing chords too. Great stuff. Though as I said it's meant to be a minimoog (er, well it has a poly option too so it's good for pads)

wow, totally forgot to reply to the comments above O.o

sytrus does exactly this. pretty sure it's readily available for mac and pc as a vsti

Oh, I have sytrus! I tend to go to subtractive/additive synthesis before FM, but I like to visit it from time to time :)

u-he Zebra and Xfer Serum fo' sho have fully assignable LFOs per parameter. Alternatively you can use this as an LFO 'generator' for any VST - http://www.cableguys...idi-shaper.html

I've heard of Zebra and picked up Serum when it came out. Serum is AMAZING but for some reason I don't use it much. I have no clue why.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'ma check it out in the morning.

Archived