IGNORED

Boris - Heavy Bottom

QQQ

Looks like Boris are recording a new album. They've posted a few pictures on instagram of them recording 'Heavy Bottom', including a pic of a Juno 60 so they may be doing some electronic stuff on this one as well.

I assume this will be a release along the lines of their more straightforward material rather than drone/noise experimental stuff, but who knows with these guys.

https://i.instagram.com/borisdronevil/

Not much to go on but I always miss out on their releases because they are so fucking prolific (only recently caught up to Noise and have just found out they released 3 albums last year as well!), so it's nice to get in on something early.

Dig the title

Looks like Boris are recording a new album. They've posted a few pictures on instagram of them recording 'Heavy Bottom', including a pic of a Juno 60 so they may be doing some electronic stuff on this one as well.

I would be very interested in something venturing into electronic drone the way some black metal bands have, or fellow Japanese pysch rockers like Acid Mothers Temple. Noticed roland space echo too. Always down with analog tape delay.

Looks like Boris are recording a new album.

When are they not? They've already released 4 albums this year

Whoops, meant to say they've released 3 albums this year but wrote last year by accident. They release a ton of stuff but most of it sits somewhere between great and amazing imo and I think this could be one of their more 'important' releases so thought it would be worth throwing up a thread.

Plus Boris are legit one of the best bands around.

I've only heard Asia so far from the previous releases this year, but always looking forward to new Boris.

Someone once mentioned that you can tell wether or not it's going to be a more straightforward or drone/noise album from them by how they spell the name... If it's with a capital B, supposedly it tends to be the more straightforward material, if it's a lowercase b it tends to be the droney/noisy experimental stuff (or was it the other way around?) I'm not sure how valid that claim is though.

Yeah that's it, for exemple, the latest 2015 drones/weird records are "boris" while some albums (more straightforward) like "Pink" "New Album" or "Heavy Rocks" are "Boris" recordings. Its also 100% accurate that i like everything they're releasing. :-)

Archived