IGNORED

Push 2 and Live 9.5 (EDIT: Out now !)

ignatius

Is Push 2 worth getting?

Push is the center of my studio. It has a few issues but I'm quite happy with it. When you got Push 2, did it really reinvigorate or just offer incremental improvements (besides the screen)?

I have a screen on my laptop plus an external screen, which is why I don't really need an $800 tiny screen for my Push.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in much the same position as you sheathe, Push is my studio center, but I didn't upgrade to Push 2. I decided not to once I saw the specs and usage, it's basically just the same, but slicker and nice screen. If you really want to stay away from the laptop or do a ton of live sample manipulation, it may be worth the upgrade, but I don't so I skipped out.

My thinking is also that Ableton will likely release a Push 3 with Live 10, whenever it comes out, and I'll likely grab that when it all comes out....Which may be later this year, or worst case next year (guessing based on their upgrade cycles in general).

I think if it wasn't for the fact I was able to get the Push 2 in the incredible rebate/charity deal then I probably wouldn't have bothered upgrading. Don't get me wrong, the new screen is *real* nice, it feels a bit more sturdy and the ability to have that visual feedback with Sampler waveforms is lovely .... but other than that if you're perfectly happy with Push 1 there's not a huge reason to get a Push 2 !

thanks guys.

just trying to go the ascetic route with gear and purge myself of all desire.

of course, push 2 is a great upgrade, but not needed if you have a good workflow.

all of 2015 i used it super extensively, but now it's settled into convenient session control and arming audio/midi tracks and recording. don't use the keyboard function quite as much as i did.

i think that's the way it goes: you use it exuberantly for a while, then it really settles into your setup, at which point you're probably ready for something new (for me it is soundcard/patchbay with ext fx). Push really is a great tool. all there is to say.

• 4 months later...

anyone seen anything interesting done with this? i.e. not techno kicks and claps or jdilla wannabees? :)

This might be more WATMM friendly -

Archived