IGNORED

I made a tasty little diddy, trying to figure out how to polish it more.

thehauntingsoul

Just discovered how awesome renoise is and made a cool little track, but I feel like it needs a bit of something to wrap it up nicely. Also I'm not sure my mastering abilities are up to par yet either.

Used to use reason but I felt it took forever to put a full track together, but with renoise it's really quick and easy.

Anyways do you folks have any feedback to help me polish this little baby up? Also there's something unintentionally off with the rhythm and I can't quite figure out what it is. Maybe some of you can figure it out but it feels like it's got an extra few beats at the end of every bar. Either way I like the result but I'm curious what's going on here.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3372365/Not%20Quite%20Right.mp3

Noice little tune dude, like it a lot. Can imagine it looping over a megadrive game.

If you want to beef/polish it up more I'd say add some more texture/freqs to it. Even simple (some would say cynical) stuff like filtering that synth line through some reverb and compression and other effects and then having that slowly fade in during the middle of the track. Maybe syncopate the beat a bit more?

It's not in the OP for me, but I've got javascript turned off on my tablet. I'll check it out on the PC when I get home then.

Also, lol, ios autocorrected PC to apache, they really are tossers.

Aww you guyyyyyys! :wub:

Glad you like the track. It's not up on my SC yet because I want to polish it a bit more first, but if you want to check it out I'm at https://soundcloud.com/ths.

Haven't been making music much lately but after discovering and subsequently falling in love with Renoise I imagine I'll get back into this whole shindig a bit more.

Archived