IGNORED

rainy day piano sequencing

machinemask

really great, evocative, makes me imagine i'm in a dark shillouetted room, grey day, playing an old upright, thinkin about girls or somethin heavy like that u kno

thoughts:

there's a high frequency fuzz throughout, quite pleasant at the start (added some warmth, reminded me that i still haven't fucked my ears up that bad), but at the very end it kinda stands out. maybe try playing around with that, like fade it in to a slightly lower register soft crackle or something towards the end

the main repetitive arpeggion began to stand out to me after a while. like its very driving & passionate but the precision of it makes it feel kinda computery. soffffft variations in tempo & tonality would b dope

other than that shes a beaut *does the air kiss thing like an old italian chef*

This is beautiful. really. Like I said on SC, I think I'm gonna ask my friend, who teaches piano, if she can cut me a deal for lessons. I get by as is, but I definitely want to improve. This song, among a couple other recent listens in YLC have convinced me to do it. Quite inspiring stuff.

Cryptowen's soft tempo change idea sounds great. Left as is, this is still stimulating stuff.

Just excellent.

thank you :)

Nice theme. I like the repetitivness in the lower octave and a bit of minimalist variation in the upper. Good.

yeah was fun to make, might have some new versions soon-ish in a similar theme...

really great, evocative, makes me imagine i'm in a dark shillouetted room, grey day, playing an old upright, thinkin about girls or somethin heavy like that u kno

thoughts:

there's a high frequency fuzz throughout, quite pleasant at the start (added some warmth, reminded me that i still haven't fucked my ears up that bad), but at the very end it kinda stands out. maybe try playing around with that, like fade it in to a slightly lower register soft crackle or something towards the end

the main repetitive arpeggion began to stand out to me after a while. like its very driving & passionate but the precision of it makes it feel kinda computery. soffffft variations in tempo & tonality would b dope

other than that shes a beaut *does the air kiss thing like an old italian chef*

haha that is cool that you picture that. it is a fitting image, glad you enjoyed it. it is a computer playing so def has that quality, i will try to maybe add some lil variations to it to make it more "human" but yeah again thanks so so much :)

This is beautiful. really. Like I said on SC, I think I'm gonna ask my friend, who teaches piano, if she can cut me a deal for lessons. I get by as is, but I definitely want to improve. This song, among a couple other recent listens in YLC have convinced me to do it. Quite inspiring stuff.

Cryptowen's soft tempo change idea sounds great. Left as is, this is still stimulating stuff.

yeah def pursue pushing your piano playing, it's a great skill. i need ot work on mine too, only been teaching myself for a couple of years now by ear so im sure my skills are lacking. this tune is my computer playing the piano (9 different parts actually, or 8 or something) but i did write the main motif by physically playing. just was easier and more fun at that moment to translate the basic idea into a sequencer(s). anywho yeah so glad that it gave you some inspiration. that means a whole lot to hear that kind of return from one of my tunes <3

Yeah, this is ace, makes me wish I had proper piano chops. Beaut.

yeah mine are not so proper yet either haha but keep at it definitely. as i said earlier this is the computer sequencing stuff based off something i wrote (the main arpreggio) on my piano, anywho yeah thank you :)

Lovely progression and little tiny details in the delay. The hiss/rain envelopes the delicate playing in a relaxing way. An entire release of this tiny compositions would be great.

I often have an urge to compose solo piano things like this, but it gets into scary territory where real music chops become required and my 'musicianship' limitations immediately hit me.

Archived