IGNORED

Ear Plugs

WeAreOceans

^yeah MBV do the same

MBV was the first show I saw that was giving out ear plugs at the door. For good reason, my brain was rattling in my skull during the climax of that show.

don't get earplugs from boots et al as they're a rip off. i use these ones from amazon and find them to be comfortable and very effective:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Howard-Leight-Individually-Wrapped-3301105/dp/B0007XJOLG/ref=zg_bs_1939564031_1

IMO I would get the etymotic or another brand here before I purchases a gob of foam to put in my ear.

With the etymotics you can hear everything clearly but your ear feels protected. I really like the keychain holder that the other set someone linked had, but my etymotics have a little pouch that can go on the end of a keychain, lanyard, in a pocket, etc., and they have a string that holds them together if you wanted to pop them out for a sec and put them around your neck. I actually got drunk and forgot they were around my neck last show I used them at and didn't notice until I was home. 

I'm surprised there aren't more WATMMers with custom earplugs. They're a tiny bit expensive, yes, but the filters make it so the sound coming in doesn't get muffled. With normal earplugs you shut everything out and all you can hear is some muffled stuff that's a mix of the music you're listening to, your own breathing, and blood in your ears.

played two gigs with those plugs and I liked them. Didn't take away too much at all and sounded better when you are used to them. 

Recommend them over not wearing any definitely.

I'm surprised there aren't more WATMMers with custom earplugs. They're a tiny bit expensive, yes, but the filters make it so the sound coming in doesn't get muffled. With normal earplugs you shut everything out and all you can hear is some muffled stuff that's a mix of the music you're listening to, your own breathing, and blood in your ears.

Ear plugs of that price make me nervous because they are so easily lost, but it would be cool to have some

Ear plugs of that price make me nervous because they are so easily lost, but it would be cool to have some

I bought mine 9 years ago and I've only lost them once. Trust me, when you know you're walking around with $140 earplugs in your pocket or bag you instinctively make sure you don't lose them.

Archived