IGNORED

This song/video literally makes nauseous with fear... wtf?

Lane Visitor

Lol the singer of that song was literally in my mom's highschool class. He even attended my parents' wedding if I'm not mistaken, but I know that he had some serious mental problems after that. Maybe it's radiating towards you. Do you feel the sound of C?

That's pretty cool

Ever seen this? Can't remember if he's in it or not:

sick video! it is actually pretty rad how this New Beat sound inspired house.. but what came first acid or new beat? 

808 state's (cool hearing them at the end of the vid) newbuild came out in 88, and i think confetti's started that same year.

so belgium or manchester? or both?

I watched it but felt nothing other then an appreciation for rez snaps and sick dance moves. The brain is a funny thing and there is a sizeable chunk of your life that was preverbal or minimally verbal. There is no telling what signals this video serve as triggers for an unpleasant or suppressed memory. Perhaps the rez snaps are reminiscent of dad's belt or something?

flol @ rez snaps and dads belt! no physical abuse in my background or anything, but that's an interesting perspective about how it could be anything. it could even be something really mundane like if i hypothetically once saw a really tall guy in military garb on the street making weird expressions when i was young and it freaked the shit out of me. i know the jolty jagged movements with his limbs and the stiff head movements are eerie to me. maybe there's something in there. but yeah the more i hear the track i dig the beat.. love how lo fi it is, and yeah those lasers- that's something we never get enough of in modern dance music. 

This scared the shit out of me when I was 13 and was obsessed by this album. Still creeps me out now tbf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CccMu_JeFx4

On the orgional video I can see how that may scare you as it does have that trippy freaky quality but yeah sounds more like you identify it with a certain time in your life. Watching the video gave me a little bit of an acid experince type trigger so if you have had any bad experience with psychedelics that could explain it

This used to creep me the fuck out.

https://youtu.be/JaLjwSpZ6Cs

Think I first heard it on the John Peel show, many years ago, I was probably 14 or 15.

Oh this is a fun one (: Totally see how that could have creeped you out back then, my buddy and i used to reference this track a lot as a fun skit goofing around. But yeah its ridiculously dark lol

That whole album is incredible btw

This scared the shit out of me when I was 13 and was obsessed by this album. Still creeps me out now tbf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CccMu_JeFx4

On the orgional video I can see how that may scare you as it does have that trippy freaky quality but yeah sounds more like you identify it with a certain time in your life. Watching the video gave me a little bit of an acid experince type trigger so if you have had any bad experience with psychedelics that could explain it

Interesting how that Pearl Jam track affected you, and how we all associate certain things with different input.

Yeah, on psychedelics id bet it would be a freakier video. Its kind of mysterious how certain subtle things can be so mundane yet they somehow get under our skin... I think weve all heard that one song or saw that one movie that depressed us or feels so dark for reasons we cant understand, even when others might think its just a regular song/movie.

• 1 month later...

I think I get where the OP is coming from, I once had a similar experience with this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfI1S0PKJR8

When I was little my parents took me to the cinema and this was played before the movie, and it shat me right up. Gave me a feeling of dread like nothing before or since. I had nightmares for ages afterwards about being separated from my family and left at the mercy of multicoloured goons while the punching bag lady did sign language at me. It doesn't scare me like it used to but watching it now I can remember how I felt the first time, and it's not pleasant.

Archived