IGNORED

Aphex Twin on Watch Dogs 2 soundtrack

atypic

How's 2?  I pre-ordered 1 after being hyped as shit for it for ages and it was... okay, not what I expected.  I know they said 2 was going to be better but of course they say that. 

How's 2?  I pre-ordered 1 after being hyped as shit for it for ages and it was... okay, not what I expected.  I know they said 2 was going to be better but of course they say that. 

Apparently much better, I believe they've removed all the rubbish po-faced-ness of the first one and the lighter tone just makes things much more enjoyable

I've been really enjoying it.  It took me a long time to get into the first Watch Dogs because I had just finished GTA V.  GTA V is close to perfection, and Ubisoft gets into uncomfortably uncanny valley in trying but falling pretty short of open world feel compared to Rockstar.  But, eventually I got over that and loved the meat of the game.  It was very satisfying to use your cell phone magic wand ("hacking tool") to sneak into buildings and solve 3D structure puzzles (essentially).

Watch Dogs 2 so far has been an improvement.  Gun fights and driving are still pretty weak though.  But the world is gorgeous and the core gameplay is still lots of fun.  And they've amped up the fun factor by making it overall goofier/far less serious.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived