IGNORED

Is Audiotrack 01B a remix/cover ?

mcbpete

This track made its way onto my tiny ears today:

(if it doesn't automatically go to the right time, ffwd to 42m 10s)

and the chord progression and general track progression really reminded me of this -

Probably just coincidence but, I dunno - whatcho think ?

Similar chords progression but I'd say it's a coincidence. Thanks for giving me an occasion to finally listen to a track from this Primal Scream album though which I have never heard but see the cover art all over the place! This is good!

For the most part BOC's chord progressions aren't too unique...it's just what they do with them that is  :biggrin: 

In terms of the actual melodic context, see this very interesting analysis...it explains much of BOC's whole sound:

hell of a coincidence - I wouldn't say it's a sample without question though

I need to give that Primal Scream album a listen too - heard songs from it over the years but never dove into it by itself

For the most part BOC's chord progressions aren't too unique...it's just what they do with them that is  :biggrin: 

In terms of the actual melodic context, see this very interesting analysis...it explains much of BOC's whole sound:

This is great - as the YT comments point out it's evident in other tracks as well

Archived