IGNORED

House/hip hop/techno/field recordings

sinewaves

• 2 weeks later...

I liked Location better because that tune revolves around the beat. If you simply sample some old jazz/piano chords and add them wherever needed then you've got yourself a pretty solid instrumental hip hop tune.

Dilemma seems a bit aimless. I think it's the repeating chord that does it. The beat and the bass has a pretty cool Jan Jelinek style to it so I would probably strip away those chords and add something else... just sample an old rhodes, hi-cut it, loop it, pitch it up and down and you're done ;)

Thanks :) I put in many hours in to Location actually. This was a quick jam. I will hopefully make a more polished version!

I'll take that feedback into consideration. I did this whole jam because I'm investigating FM-sounds, so I probably wont sample a rhodes this time. (Even though I have the reface CP and love using that).

Also, I'm not really aiming for one certain style with these.. More of an experiment to blend different things I like.

great.... love this dusty old bassy nightime sound. i will be listening to your soundcloud and reading any pamphlets you might produce.

i like this better than burial.

Dilemma is nice but needs more of a focal point. the mashed up speech sample and weird FM zaps are nice but too distant in the mix to hold attention.

the distant snare adds to this but takes too long to come in imo.

i really like the vibe though and with a little work this would be great. would work nicely sandwiched between other similar tracks on a longer dubby ambient/techno release.

---

nice sounds on Some sounds (lol). particularly enjoyed the hypnotic groove of the kick and the other percussion that comes in early (the scraping sound). not much to comment on, sounds like an experiment rather than a fleshed out track (which i assume it is), though there are the bones of a track there. add another minute or two and have it evolve further and you have another nice piece.

Location was really nice too.

i think Dilemma was my favourite of the three.

overall, good work! i'm really into this kind of sound at the moment so i've followed you on SC.

Archived