IGNORED

dub 303

flacid

I've noticed a lot of noise/hiss on most of your stuff - does that come from the casette tapes?

Anyway, I really like this even though I don't hear the dubby elements apart from some delay ;) I'm usually not into acid but I find this super interesting. It reminds me of some of Andreas Tilliander's new stuff on the Acidub album he put out a couple of months ago. Give it a listen if you haven't ;)

I've noticed a lot of noise/hiss on most of your stuff - does that come from the casette tapes?

Anyway, I really like this even though I don't hear the dubby elements apart from some delay ;) I'm usually not into acid but I find this super interesting. It reminds me of some of Andreas Tilliander's new stuff on the Acidub album he put out a couple of months ago. Give it a listen if you haven't ;)

Mainly yes. This one was recorded to tape as I wanted to experiment with how the delay worked on it. I like the aesthetic and this one is probably one of my less hissy recordings :) 

The 'dubby' part is where I manually increase the envelope/decay to send little flickers through the delay. I agree that it isn't dub though, just reminded me of it. I don't always do it but most of the time I at least try to make 'acid' that isn't normal, distorted stuff. Doesn't really do it for me. Will look for that Acidub now, sounds interesting. Cheers for listening.  :beer:

Loving this stuff! That binman song is fun as hell to listen to. FCTRY is amazing, man! Can't wait for my monitors to get here. I'm definitely going back to that one when they do.

I've been following you on SC for a while now and have always liked your tunes when I've listened here and there, but I think you deserve a more thorough listening to.

Makes me want to walk downtown right now and get a couple patch cables so I can get a proper sound from my Porta One and continue messing about with it.

Cheers

FCTRY is amazing, man!

Loving this stuff! That binman song is fun as hell to listen to. FCTRY is amazing, man! Can't wait for my monitors to get here. I'm definitely going back to that one when they do.

I've been following you on SC for a while now and have always liked your tunes when I've listened here and there, but I think you deserve a more thorough listening to.

Makes me want to walk downtown right now and get a couple patch cables so I can get a proper sound from my Porta One and continue messing about with it.

Cheers

FCTRY is amazing, man!

Cheers dude, that one has gone a little under the radar so nice to hear that someone likes it :) I make all my stuff with headphones so I've just put two speakers up and the tracks sound alright! 

dub303 is lush. Reminds me of an acid-y version of "Open Eye Signal" by Jon Hopkins, but instead of foreboding darkness it's got a more clean-cut aggressive edge. 

Thanks dude, some cool tunes on your account. 

Mainly yes. This one was recorded to tape as I wanted to experiment with how the delay worked on it. I like the aesthetic and this one is probably one of my less hissy recordings :) 

The 'dubby' part is where I manually increase the envelope/decay to send little flickers through the delay. I agree that it isn't dub though, just reminded me of it. I don't always do it but most of the time I at least try to make 'acid' that isn't normal, distorted stuff. Doesn't really do it for me. Will look for that Acidub now, sounds interesting. Cheers for listening.  :beer:

Cool!

You should resample the track, slow it down to 110bpm and see if that makes it a bit more dubby - something tells me it will ;)

Oh and I fixed the embedded player in your original post as it didn't work ;)

Nice one this. The hi-hat line is proper lovely!

I'd have the delay line a little slower so it fits with the tempo of the track. I'd also try and get rid of that clicky crunch that comes in over the kick occasionally at the start - it's nice to have the odd analog artefact, but this is a bit overpowering.

The 303 might need some compression and EQ too, I feel the bits where the filter opens up are a bit too loud.

Archived