IGNORED

Free Phase Shifter VST fx ???

Guest The Bro

Guest Promo

Anyone know of one. Seems a bit of a chore trying to find one. I tried the Sonitus funk one but it doesn't seem to come up. :(

Guest Promo

Well I discovered one but it doesn't seem do shit. I tried all sorts of variations but I couldn't get funk all out of it. I'm trying to get that bad ass slo-mo Weather Report/Herbie Hancock rhodes feel but then I figured I could try that shit on some other sounds too. :sad:

Guest Promo

Well I don't know if there is a difference between a 'Phase-Shifter' and a 'Phaser' but I'm guessing there is because I've never come across a 'Phase-Shifter' before.

Basically I'm looking to get a very fuckin phat retro sound that you get from a Phase Shifter applied to a Rhodes or Wurlitzer electronic piano. More probably just applied to the Rhodes. I have a phaser effect in my Korg module and I've tried a number of settings but I just can't get that Joe Zawinal (Weather Report) rhodes sound.

If anyone knows how to get it, could they please upload a wav sample in middle c; that'd be really appreciated. Check the link below to see what I'm talking about.

http://www.fenderrhodes.com/history/effects.php

Guest Promo

I tried Betabug's and honestly it does nothing. I've tried it several times and to me it really doesn't do anything.

If you've managed to get that sweet Joe Zawinal Rhodes shit out of it then can you post up a Wav sample please. :cool:

hey, did you try spinbug? phasebug doesn't do much for what you want. i know the plugs look ridiculous, but they sound pretty decent.

i read a bit about it, and there's a whole terminoligy mess up there. apparently phasers can also be called phase shifters, but there are also static phase shifters used for mixing which only change the phase of a signal, and then leave it there. static phase shifters are never refered to as phasers. i hope that clears it up.

why don't you post a sample up? i think i know the zawinal sound you're after, but maybe i'm wrong.

nice! that's a wurlitzer. there's already an effect unit on a wurlitzer, a flanger/chorus deal i think. you probably need a really good "vintage" phaser/flanger/chorus fx to recreate that, something really dirty.

or try using a subtle tube amp distortion of some kind before and after sending it through a cheap chorus (check the mda vst plugs). it sounds like there's a really juicy reverb on it too, or it could be the recording space. also very important are the thick chords that he's playing, they help define the sound a lot, it's not just fx in this case.

Archived