IGNORED

Colleen - Separating

atypic

This is the first single from her forthcoming (sixth) album A Flame My Love, A Frequency, due out on Thrill Jockey on Oct. 20, 2017.  This one is her most electronic but also most live - it's performed live with only vocals, Critter & Guitarri Septavox, Critter & Guitarri Pocket Piano, Moog Analog Delay, and Moog MidiMurf.  

http://thrilljockey.com/products/a-flame-my-love-a-frequency

She's one of my favorite artists and the new material sounds really promising - I hope you can check it out.

• 4 weeks later...

really good track. her singing is really weak and uninteresting, but she is really great at manipulating repetition and when infused with her melodymaking it turns into something very evocative and entrancing. glad her ancient instruments masturbation period looks like over too, Les ondes silencieuses and The Weighing of the Heart were her worst albums.

really good track. her singing is really weak and uninteresting, but she is really great at manipulating repetition and when infused with her melodymaking it turns into something very evocative and entrancing. glad her ancient instruments masturbation period looks like over too, Les ondes silencieuses and The Weighing of the Heart were her worst albums.

I love her voice and think Weighing of the Heart is her best album; it's one of my favorite albums generally in fact.  I plan to see her on her forthcoming tour in SF.

i don't think we'll get along well on this forum at all.

Makes sense.  We have a differing opinion on one artist, after all.

• 1 month later...

good album. didn't do much to me on the first listen, but improved a lot with subsequent ones. it's very minimal and sparse but quite hypnotic, she can really knock you out with the right chord change or two.

good album. didn't do much to me on the first listen, but improved a lot with subsequent ones. it's very minimal and sparse but quite hypnotic, she can really knock you out with the right chord change or two.

You've heard the album?

goddamn that just became of my fav tracks this year

:emotawesomepm9:

• 2 weeks later...

it's very minimal and sparse but quite hypnotic, she can really knock you out with the right chord change or two.

yeah I love that aspect of this album - gets you in a trance then throws you a little bit

kind of reminds me of how chord changes within minimal/straighforward post punk or sparse post rock/indie rock can do the same

I've been really into this album too.  I've been listening to the second half in the dark and it's quite an interesting experience.  It's a very sparse and minimal album but you can really get lost in it.  I look forward to hearing more.

Archived